2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift blocks and body mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't have figured it out if it weren't for Ryan, the owner of Come get ya sum, got that boy on speed dial... He's the one who helped install my lift.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:36 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder how hard it would be to knock the rivetts of both hangers and move them down a inch

Old 12-30-2009, 12:46 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, some flip the front hanger to lower the truck and to do it isnt very easy

cut slots in the head, then chisel it off, drill hole in rivet, hammer or air chisel it out...supposed to be pretty tough especially if you dont have air.......that being said, i dont believe there is enough room on the frame for that and thats a lot of work for 1" lift

Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran

Wow I miss alot when Im at work for 9 hours. Thanks for everyone for the input and help I think this is what im gonna do for the rear of my truck then. When I get to it I might take pictures and write up a DIY. Im hoping to get it by the end of january. AND IM NOT TAKING CHROME OFF MY TRUCK IM GONNA BE ADDING MORE I LIKE CHROME!!!! the stupid grandpa bug gaurd is coming off in spring tho

Old 12-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Ram_It98
Professional

i did the block set up and i havent had any problems since i done this it rides nice n smooth

Old 12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram_It98
i did the block set up and i havent had any problems since i done this it rides nice n smooth
and it would ....unless you had to slam on the breaks or floor it from a stop....thats when axle wrap could come into play the most...

Old 12-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Ram_It98
Professional

nope i live way out in the sticks n deer all over place had to lock up them up a few times but with my ford i dont stop for anything lol

Old 12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
sungod
Veteran

Removing a 12 year old pin stripe may not be possible. You can remove the stripe, but you will likely still have the stripe, but just a different shade of red. Red paint fades in sunlight and the the paint under the stripe hasn't. It will probably still look better than the ugly pin stripes anyway. I hate pin stripes.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sungod
Removing a 12 year old pin stripe may not be possible. You can remove the stripe, but you will likely still have the stripe, but just a different shade of red. Red paint fades in sunlight and the the paint under the stripe hasn't. It will probably still look better than the ugly pin stripes anyway. I hate pin stripes.
the op said he likes the chrome and pinstriping...I do too actually.... plus it will come back in "style" soon enough as soon as the "clean plain" look is out again....but the this look is really popular beacuse its easier and cheaper to just paint everything one color...just like skilled designed architecture and furnuture was replaced by plain simple ("modern") and cheap to make designs...but history repeats itself and style comes back and we will percieve it differently then.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:47 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran

IM still debating on the pinstripe. Im a little hesitant to take it off because my friend had a 95 ram with pinstripe and he peeled his off and the paint came right with it. His truck was black and had a nice gray primer line were the pinstripe was. I dont think Ill have this problem tho if i use an eraser wheel

Quick Reply: Lift blocks and body mod