2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm outta here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:25 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont want us judging u because you're from newyork, you're deff not setting a good example for your state there's a reason why you people cant drive because you have the brain power of a nat.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Kaldir
Veteran

Well this really sucks. Every time I have seen him tell some off, I agreed with what he said. Thats not right that they would pull that on him with out any talks or bring up the situation with him. You have always given good information from posts I have read, and I am really sorry this happened to you.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Kaldir
Veteran

Hey now, no bashing of NY.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by greenmachine
At one time this site used to brag about all the people that it had logged on at once. I like this site but there is a reason for the lack of participation. Has anyone else wondered why. There are quite a few names you do not see on here anymore. I am not knocking the site but it has changed.
Agreed! hell I don't even see aim4squirrels posting like he used too. It wasn't too long ago dhvaughan was reminising about the past. few names I remember from back then.. HankL, PA, indy ram man, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. Haha, even though indy could be dick at times, I still looked up to those guys. There are only a few left that I can truely say I look up to now.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
bardram
Veteran

Originally Posted by yakkier
If you dont want us judging u because you're from newyork, you're deff not setting a good example for your state there's a reason why you people cant drive because you have the brain power of a nat.
Whatever makes you feel better. Don't know what I said to make you all bad. All I ever said was that I got a great deal on tires I bought from my neighbor, and next thing I know I have people calling me a theif and a stupid New Yorker.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 PM
yakkier
Banned

Listen dude i personally dont give a damn about your posts, but i consider rick a friend and i would stick with him over a noob anyday. You want to know why we're treating you the way you are, sit back shut the hell up and listen. Stop talking and simply ask a legitimate question and we will give you a respectable answer.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM
bardram
Veteran

Originally Posted by yakkier
Listen dude i personally dont give a damn about your posts, but i consider rick a friend and i would stick with him over a noob anyday. You want to know why we're treating you the way you are, sit back shut the hell up and listen. Stop talking and simply ask a legitimate question and we will give you a respectable answer.
well the argument is not between rick and I, because I didnt file any complaints. So there is no reason to choose sides between him and I. And I have never made a disrespectful post on here about anyone. Obviously you are just mad and you are looking for anyone to blame.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM
blong4life
Professional

Gonna miss your ballbustin when I go around being a moron

Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
yakkier
Banned

shut up for the love of god.

Originally Posted by bardram
well the argument is not between rick and i, because i didnt file any complaints. So there is no reason to choose sides between him and i. And i have never made a disrespectful post on here about anyone. Obviously you are just mad and you are looking for anyone to blame.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For the record, this has been an ongoing situation and YES it was a very difficult decision and for the most part, a BUSINESS decision. You are correct in that the majority of the complaints came from relatively new members, most of whom have not returned. Because this site is FREE to you, the members, it relies wholly in advertising dollars to exist. And advertisers want to see numbers.

And for you people who just like to bash newbies, put yourself in the following situation:

You spent all your hard earned cash on a truck, your sole source of transportation. It has a problem, maybe you've spent big $ to have it repaired and the problem persists, causing you to miss work. Now you are desperate for it to be fixed, but you are really broke at this point, so you get on the internet and Google this site.
You come on and painstakingly find you way to the right section (hopefully) and the only thing on your mind is to ask a question about how to fix your truck. You don't know a search feature exists, you don't stop to think maybe someone has asked the same question before. You are just frantic and want your truck to work again!

Then, instead of getting some helpful advice, you get something like this from a "seasoned" member:

"Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer, we dont want noob's coming on here asking the same freaking question everyday, which all of you new guys do. It would be fine if you guys come on here to share our passion for our trucks but no you guys get pissed and whine like lil school girls when you have a problem that you cant figure out in 10 minutes so you come on here whining about it and expecting us to care"
"if you want us to treat you like equal's then stop asking stupid questions and then getting offended when you dont get the answer that you expect. You guys are forgetting half of us didnt come here to ask questions about our trucks, WE KNOW about our trucks"

Now how would you feel? Would you come back here?

Miami is a very valuable member here and I am the one who drew the short straw and had to PM him with this decision. This was not an easy decision nor a decision that just one person made. We know Miami cares about this site and was moderating the way he thought best. But he was overmoderating and has been inflexible to adjust. We got more than one complaint about editing posts to correct spelling errors of all things! You don't edit a post unless it breaks a rule and by correcting spelling made these guys feel like he was belittling them!

There is not a single administrator or moderator who wants to see Miami_Son leave the forum. His knowledge is excellent.

But I hope some of you can understand the reason that the decision was made and even if you don't agree with it, that you not take it out on the person we chose to replace him.

Last edited by HammerZ71; 02-19-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm outta here!