2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm outta here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bardram
Whatever makes you feel better. Don't know what I said to make you all bad. All I ever said was that I got a great deal on tires I bought from my neighbor, and next thing I know I have people calling me a theif and a stupid New Yorker.
That's not all you said and you know it. I have no personal beef with you. As I said then, I was identifying with your statement because I have family in NY that are Teamsters and longshoremen. I didn't denounce you about it until you copped an attitude.

Guys, I appreciate all the kind words, but don't get yourselves in any trouble over this. The situation sucks, indeed, but I don't want to see anyone get booted for defending me.

Some of you have been trying to send me PMs, but no longer being a mod means I have a smaller Inbox and it is full. I have no desire to clear it out or to keep coming back here just to check it. If you want to reach me send an e-mail to me at Cyclewriter@hotmail.com. Thanks again,

Rick

Old 02-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Everyone needs to take a chill pill right now. Most of you that are posting in this thread have a behavior I would expect to see out of a five year old child. It is by far not what I would expect from people that are twenty years and older. Bashing a member is unacceptable, and there will be punishment (timeouts for those of you that are five years old stuck in an adult's body) for anyone that would like to continue acting like they have.

Miami is a great person to be around, and very knowledgeable about Dodge vehicles. There was a time when he was respected here, and while that has changed, there is no reason at all to all out bash him for it. Yes, his moderating habits were a bit over the top, but I merely see it as a style that goes against what DF stands for. I'm an active member on six different forums and staff on two. You want in on a little secret? Everyone of my forums are controlled differently. Some are ran just the way Miami chose to moderate, and on the other hand, some have no rules at all. They both have their pros and cons, but the fact still remains on any forum, that you simply accept the rules or you don't stick around. This goes for Staff and regular members as well.

As some of you stated, yes, the members have changed quite a bit. Such is the parody of online forums. Peoples' interests change, and therefore, they either quit using forums, or they change to a different forum topic. I wouldn't necessarily think that the old timers that have been talked about here have been ran off, but rather, they have other things that they are tending to.

To sum up: Grow up.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Kaldir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I under stand the reason. It still sucks that it had to happen, but that is the way of things.

Personal I like Jason, and even tho he got that spot because Miami lost his, I wish Jason the best of luck. I won't be taking my anger out on him, or any one else because of the decision that has been made today.

I wish the best of luck to every one.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
"Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer, we dont want noob's coming on here asking the same freaking question everyday, which all of you new guys do. It would be fine if you guys come on here to share our passion for our trucks but no you guys get pissed and whine like lil school girls when you have a problem that you cant figure out in 10 minutes so you come on here whining about it and expecting us to care"
"if you want us to treat you like equal's then stop asking stupid questions and then getting offended when you dont get the answer that you expect. You guys are forgetting half of us didnt come here to ask questions about our trucks, WE KNOW about our trucks"

For the record, I NEVER responded to any member with that and I take offense with your putting it in quotes as though I did.

But I hope some of you can understand the reason that the decision was made and even if you don't agree with it, that you not take it out on the person we chose to replace him.
As I said earlier, I hope everyone will show Jason the same level of respect and support that they have given me. Over and out!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:55 PM
yakkier
Banned

For the record, this has been an ongoing situation and YES it was a very difficult decision and for the most part, a BUSINESS decision. You are correct in that the majority of the complaints came from relatively new members, most of whom have not returned. Because this site is FREE to you, the members, it relies wholly in advertising dollars to exist. And advertisers want to see numbers.

Put yourself in the following situation:

You spent all your hard earned cash on a truck, your sole source of transportation. It has a problem, maybe you've spent big $ to have it repaired and the problem persists, causing you to miss work. Now you are desperate for it to be fixed, but you are really broke at this point, so you get on the internet and Google this site.
You come on and painstakingly find you way to the right section (hopefully) and the only thing on your mind is to ask a question about how to fix your truck. You don't know a search feature exists, you don't stop to think maybe someone has asked the same question before. You are just frantic and want your truck to work again!

Then, instead of getting some helpful advice, you get:

"Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer, we dont want noob's coming on here asking the same freaking question everyday, which all of you new guys do. It would be fine if you guys come on here to share our passion for our trucks but no you guys get pissed and whine like lil school girls when you have a problem that you cant figure out in 10 minutes so you come on here whining about it and expecting us to care"
"if you want us to treat you like equal's then stop asking stupid questions and then getting offended when you dont get the answer that you expect. You guys are forgetting half of us didnt come here to ask questions about our trucks, WE KNOW about our trucks"

Now how would you feel? Would you come back here?

Miami is a very valuable member here and I am the one who drew the short straw and had to PM him with this decision. This was not an easy decision nor a decision that just one person made. We know Miami cares about this site and was moderating the way he thought best. But he was overmoderating and has been inflexible adjust.

There is not a single administrator or moderator who wants to see Miami_Son leave the forum.

But I hope some of you can understand the reason that the decision was made and even if you don't agree with it, that you not take it out on the person we chose to replace him.

Hammer, my truck is my daily driver so i see exactly where they'er coming from. But i dont feel bad at all when they'er coming on here talking about how crappy dodge is saying they want to drive their truck into a river just because they want an easy fix.

i can see you looking at it as a business stand point but you're also forgetting we're the one's who keep this forum alive, do you honestly think these one pump chump people who come on here to ask a question and as soon as they get an answer leave, Buy anything from the company's that DF promotes ? Very doubtful, WE are the one's who buy things from the company's that keep this company alive. To say the people dont come back because of them being offended, man common seriously. They come here to get their's and bail. Take a look at our members list and see how many members we actually have that have a post count of more than 20, Slim to none.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by yakkier
Hammer, my truck is my daily driver so i see exactly where they'er coming from. But i dont feel bad at all when they'er coming on here talking about how crappy dodge is saying they want to drive their truck into a river just because they want an easy fix.

i can see you looking at it as a business stand point but you're also forgetting we're the one's who keep this forum alive, do you honestly think these one pump chump people who come on here to ask a question and as soon as they get an answer leave, Buy anything from the company's that DF promotes ? Very doubtful, WE are the one's who buy things from the company's that keep this company alive. To say the people dont come back because of them being offended, man common seriously. They come here to get their's and bail. Take a look at our members list and see how many members we actually have that have a post count of more than 20, Slim to none.
The point that Hammer is trying to make is the fact that we cannot be running off new members. Yes, some might make a few posts and then run off, but if we only got one member out of five to actually stick around and become a helpful individual, then it's a win.

New members are what keeps this forum alive.

If we went by the idea that people should search before posting, then there would be no need to allow people to even post here. Our trucks are between 8 and 15 years old. There is not one problem that they can have that hasn't already been covered. Maybe that's what we should do. Just lock this whole section down and let it be an online archive.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
[/I]
For the record, I NEVER responded to any member with that and I take offense with your putting it in quotes as though I did.
You are correct, I was attempting to show these newbie bashers just how ridiculous they are and did not word it correctly, I apologize for the wording, it was corrected as soon as I re-read my post.

and yakkier:
while you are more than entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to tolerate any member who chooses to insult, attack, abuse, debase, mock, ridicule, taunt or vex ANY other member. The next such incident will result in a ban, and I ain't gonna play around with a one week "vacation", you'll be done here for good. You want to rant, do it in a PM. Keep it the hell out of the open forum! I don't believe this is the first time you've been warned on here.

Last edited by HammerZ71; 02-19-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

You are correct, I was attempting to show these newbie bashers just how ridiculous they are and did not word it correctly, I apologize for the wording, it was corrected as soon as I re-read my post.

and yakkier:
while you are more than entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to tolerate any member who chooses to insult, attack, abuse, debase, mock, ridicule, taunt or vex ANY other member. The next such incident will result in a ban, and I ain't gonna play around with a one week "vacation", you'll be done here for good. You want to rant, do it in a PM. Keep it the hell out of the open forum! I don't believe this is the first time you've been warned on here.
Hey... easy easy on our members! We need retention right?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yakkier IMO wasn't doing anything wrong.... This place is kinda starting to go down hill even in the time I have been here. I still enjoy it though and will really miss Miami.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blood and destruction shall be so in use
And dreadful objects so familiar
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

The 'cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war' form of the phrase is from his Julius Caesar, 1601. After Caesar's murder Anthony regrets the course he has taken and predicts that war is sure to follow.

I thought it was kinda relating with this thread.Or perhaps......

Now is the winter of our discontent" are the opening words of the play and lay the groundwork for the portrait of Richard as a discontented man who is unhappy in a world that hates him.

Quick Reply: I'm outta here!