2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

talk me out of getting rid of my truck....:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep looking. Once you find what you want and have the means to get it, you will be pleased. I was lucky to find my 2001 when my 1996 crapped the bed. I remember my wife wanting to cut my head off like a praying mantis when i had the fire in my 1996 (long story, but it was my fault).

--Dan
P.S. no need to explain yourself. You are Grade A in my book

Old 06-03-2010, 11:53 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

our original plan was (before we hit this rut we're in) was keep my truck, get our house, start my own buisness working on vehicles, and when i get my credit stable again, get myself my Cummins, and i was going to KEEP Ol' Blue and make it my custom mud truck over the years as a project.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
truegent81
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
Normally, some people would say, if you don't like your country or the government, then move out. But that is free speech. Things that many people have fought and died for.

Everyone who grew up in the era of a war, likes to say that it was not a real war. Everyone goes back to WWII as being the last real war.

Remember, the Japanese bombed pearl harbor because we were selling supplies to the brits while we were "neutral." And we would not sell to the japanese. So money got us into that one. But, since I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN TO WAR, I can say that all war, no matter the reason, SUCKS. We have troops in afghanistan. So it is OK for some other "poor sap" to die over there. But if they go to Iraq, then you are up in arms. What a WIMP.

And you say that people who are in the military only go there because they lack direction and leadership. Bah. It is because they want a job and it is also a career of selfless service.

Blame the politicians all you want. But don't lash out on Soldiers because you are not driving down the street in a dodge viper and have a mansion. Everyone is Booo Hooing about how other people are rich. Yet, i seem to see the same people sitting on the couch waiting for a handout.

You either lead, follow or get the F out of the way. Because you are nothing but a distraction. And you, Mr Freeze, are just a pebble in a pond. Find some other forum to complain about how the country sucks rather than going out and doing something about it. No one wants to go out and get what they want anymore. They are just content with waiting for a hand out.

Mr Freeze, you are just a pebble in a pond.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

It is a great plan. I is fairly easy if you keep your nose to the grindstone for a couple of years.

Things always get better when we make it a commitment to improve. Having a family is good motivation to work diligently at that commitment.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

i work 40 hrs at my real job, and i work about an extra 20 hours on others vehicles, and then the rest of the time im watching my daughter because my fiancee is at work, or, like tonight, we are both home, but shes sleeping since i got out at 11....we have never gotten help from the government...no food stamps, no wic, no welfare, and we are proud of that, our daughter is 9 1/2 months old, and we've gotten help from no one....so i am proud to say that i do grind it out everyday, but hey i earn every penny i make....we just went that 4 weeks without income, and with over $1500 a month in bills....it hit us pretty hard

Last edited by 95RAM360; 06-04-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i work 40 hrs at my real job, and i work about an extra 20 hours on others vehicles, and then the rest of the time im watching my daughter because my fiancee is at work, or, like tonight, we are both home, but shes sleeping since i got out at 11....we have never gotten help from the government...no food stamps, no wic, no welfare, and we are proud of that, our daughter is 9 1/2 months old, and we've gotten help from no one....so i am proud to say that i do grind it out everyday, but hey i earn every penny i make....
Not many people are willing to do the grind, but everyone has experienced it in some form or another. I think the ultimate goal is to establish yourself early and gain firm ground so you can spend more time with family and less time working before the kids are all grown up.

Good thing is that young kids seem very happy with seeing you only from 6PM-bedtime and having that one day on the weekend for time with their father. That is the weekend grind...but a good grind.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:09 AM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to respond because You keep saying I said "dishonorable".Please find that word in any of my posts.And you didnt explain to me why tax payers should pay for your families home.Is it fair that we pay for yours but 95ram360 has to starve for 2 days to make his bills and feed his child yet we buy yours food? People in the military stick together in thier views because it is burned into their minds that the military is always right.I am not against the troops,I have friends who have served. I think you guys feel you have a right of entitlement because you put your lifes on the line.The issue is the wars are at the wrong place.We should've been in afghanistan at the beginning.Not wait for years.How can you follow orders to do something that don't make sense? And for you to say its because of the guy next to me is like lemmings or "jumping off a bridge".
I'm not some peace nick.I dont go to rallys.I own firearms and go to shooting ranges all the time.I'm a conservative.But I never have been a person who will follow orders blindly without thinking of the consequences.The scariest thing about the military is when they say they will fight enemies,foreign and domestic.Which means if the people ever decide we have had enough of the crap the goverment is doing (selling out the country,taxing us to death,rewriting constitution whenever they need to,etc...),you will forced to turn on your fellow citizens and what will you do then? Follow orders??

Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
I have nothing but respect for those in the military.

but i think im going to keep the truck even though its going to be sitting for probably about a month....but like i said, in about a week, if things are not getting better, (which they should) the truck has GOT to go...

I mean i LOVE my truck, but my fiancee and I are going to have more kids....obviously once we are stable again....and my truck is only a single cab....and i already know im going for a CTD megacab as my next truck.
One of the guys I work with has an 06 3500 and good lord...parked next to each other one day when we had a class to go to and I felt little...lol. I tell him all the time though that he's compensating for something.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

well i work nights, and 1 all day (saturdays i work 11-11) so i see my daughter every day....

but you are right, ALOT of people just wait for a hand out...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Alright come on guys, no need to argue....like i said, everyone has an opinion, and i appriaciate all the advice from all of you....

Quick Reply: talk me out of getting rid of my truck....:(