2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and Brake Light HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 AM
CBR900RR19
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link I hope you find helpful:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/abs_kelseyhayes.htm

Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Yea, i've got the same issue going on. Accept I blew a wheel cylinder out, ever since then it's been throwing an abs/brake light. I've bled them and no change. Brake feel fine though, was hoping it was just the sensor on the rear diff, planned on changing that out next week.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:14 PM
boogercj7

HeyYou, what are you getting at here??? Are you thinking that the combimation valve might be stuck to only let fluid flow to the front brakes???? I did a few quick stops the other day and I was unable to get the rear brakes to lock up. However, it did feel like the rear brakes weren't working too well. If I can't find a scan tool, I might try your suggestion. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a brake line blow out and both lights came on.Fixed the line and we bled them and got all the big bubbles out and the damn thing still wasnt happy.So we continued to bleed to get out every little bubble we could.We let it sit for little.Then bled it a little more.Bubbles were gone and the lights went out.Maybe you have a little air left in there.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by boogercj7
HeyYou, what are you getting at here??? Are you thinking that the combimation valve might be stuck to only let fluid flow to the front brakes???? I did a few quick stops the other day and I was unable to get the rear brakes to lock up. However, it did feel like the rear brakes weren't working too well. If I can't find a scan tool, I might try your suggestion. Thanks.
That is exactly what I am thinking.

Originally Posted by mr freeze
I had a brake line blow out and both lights came on.Fixed the line and we bled them and got all the big bubbles out and the damn thing still wasnt happy.So we continued to bleed to get out every little bubble we could.We let it sit for little.Then bled it a little more.Bubbles were gone and the lights went out.Maybe you have a little air left in there.
Good point. If the pedal feels spongy at all, this is a real possibility.

Need to be sure the rears are adjusted up properly as well.... though if you weren't in there at all, that probably isn't an issue.

Quick Reply: ABS and Brake Light HELP!!!!!!