2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

e3 plugs suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I have never had a good experience with champion plugs. I stopped even considering them after a while. They may have been great at one time, but...... at this point, I just won't use them.

I don't remember what brand I put in the truck....
you put new ones in your ram? if so you are a minority. i am a member on 5 different mopar boards and you always see plug threads. 99% of them are some other brand than champion messin up in there magnum motor. i never liked champion plugs till i got this truck. they just seem to like the magnum motor.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by talon6
they probably needed replaced anyways.
i had only own the truck for about a month and the engine ran great with the spark plugs before my engine flooded and i was forced to do an oil change. the old spark plugs look in good shape but some would just not spark.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
dodgeman52
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just talked to the people at advance and they said they would refund my money i spend on the e3s im pretty happy about that

Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by talon6
you put new ones in your ram? if so you are a minority. i am a member on 5 different mopar boards and you always see plug threads. 99% of them are some other brand than champion messin up in there magnum motor. i never liked champion plugs till i got this truck. they just seem to like the magnum motor.
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i had only own the truck for about a month and the engine ran great with the spark plugs before my engine flooded and i was forced to do an oil change. the old spark plugs look in good shape but some would just not spark.
This second quote is the one that I have seen a LOT of. Once the plugs are fouled, that's it. I have worked on cars, trucks, wood chippers....... and on more occasions than I care to count, something brought in with a no start, and champion plugs... all it would take is a plug change to get it running again.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i didn't think a cylinder full of gas would cause a spark plug to die.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:15 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running NGK Iridiums and my truck runs like a raped ape.

(For posterity: My coil ain't stock. Don't try this at home. Et cetera.)

Old 11-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I'm running NGK Iridiums and my truck runs like a raped ape.

(For posterity: My coil ain't stock. Don't try this at home. Et cetera.)
Some assembly required, offer void in Rhode Island, see a doctor if symptoms persist more than seven days.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup 2 bucks a plug cant beat it, i like em for now hehe

Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM
justfrfun
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey did anyone see the "how it works" or How its made" show on E3 plugs? They took the e3 to MIT Tech and tested it. It does what they claim. They didn't say what the other plug was that they tested against it with. The pinging problem is the plug alright. It sparks way faster than a regular plug and makes a bigger spark. I might buy a set for the durango 5.9 and set the timing back a tick and see how they work out. As for me as well no luck with champions. NGK V power for the low end price plug or Denso's if I can swing the price at the time of need.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by justfrfun
Hey did anyone see the "how it works" or How its made" show on E3 plugs? They took the e3 to MIT Tech and tested it. It does what they claim. They didn't say what the other plug was that they tested against it with. The pinging problem is the plug alright. It sparks way faster than a regular plug and makes a bigger spark. I might buy a set for the durango 5.9 and set the timing back a tick and see how they work out. As for me as well no luck with champions. NGK V power for the low end price plug or Denso's if I can swing the price at the time of need.
How much did you pay for the tool to reprogram the PCM so the timing can be adjusted, and where did you buy it?

Quick Reply: e3 plugs suck