2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where are the head light relays

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Lone136
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the part I don't understand. There is only two head lights on the truck.

Last edited by Lone136; 12-17-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Hhhhmmmm.......

If it were me...... I would use the current power wires AT the headlights to simply trip a relay, which would feed power to a second set of relays, that were switched in the cab, to route power to either the stock lights, or, the plow lights. Headlight switches in these guys weren't the best to begin with, so, having it just control a relay would hopefully prevent other problems.....

Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Lone136
Thats the part I don't understand. There is only two head lights on the truck.
These are the 'quad' headlight heyyou is speaking of:

Yes, I took that from my special collection.

The quad model housings, only available on 99-2002 Sports, use two bulbs, one for high beam and one for low.

On the new Ram they are called "quad burner" head lamps.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:44 PM
pro tech
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone136
Here is a link to what I'm going to wire amd what I need help with

http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcom...017_031599.pdf

You will also see a pur wire and BRN, Gray wire. I need to find out where they go as well. I'm not the greatest at AUTO wiring, but can wire a home with my eyes closed
That's weird.....the PDF looks like the wiring diagram for the later Sport models which have 4 bulbs, 2 low and 2 high beam. and I would assume a relay for each.

Could you have gotten the wrong harness for your truck, or do you have the 4 bulb headlight set-up?

My '96 (non-Sport) with the single bulb headlights has only one relay and the Meyer plow set-up was easy plug n play, with the correct harness....LOL.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Lone136
Veteran

I know I will be getting a hard time for this one. but I do have a chevy as well that has a meyer plow on it and Yes it was plug and play.
I need to reword this, There are 4 bulbs, 2 head light and 2 park and I would think turn signal bulbs. I also sent Fisher a Email, but they haven't responed.
Sorry it has takem me a day or two to get back to this, but we had a compressor go bad at the store to the walkin cooler, but able to get it up and running late last night.
I guess I will go back down to fisher today and ask them in person. I'm just sick of all of this now. Should have gotten a Meyer plow for my Dodge as well.

Quick Reply: Where are the head light relays