2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash board

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011 | 05:02 AM
Tinson

I replaced my dash about a week ago, and with it being cracked as bad as it was removal was amazingly easy. After everything was said and done it took me like an hour and a half, and that was with stopping and smoking a cigarette and having to go get another beer or two in the middle of it. Looking at it before starting seemed like a lot worse of a job than it actually turned out to be. Just undo the E-brake release, drop the steering column on the drivers seat, and take out the airbag. something like a grand total of 8 screws/bolts and a plug on the back of the airbag then roll the whole dash foreward and go to town.

Old 01-17-2011 | 09:23 AM
notanexit7
Captain

Originally Posted by Tinson
I replaced my dash about a week ago, and with it being cracked as bad as it was removal was amazingly easy. After everything was said and done it took me like an hour and a half, and that was with stopping and smoking a cigarette and having to go get another beer or two in the middle of it. Looking at it before starting seemed like a lot worse of a job than it actually turned out to be. Just undo the E-brake release, drop the steering column on the drivers seat, and take out the airbag. something like a grand total of 8 screws/bolts and a plug on the back of the airbag then roll the whole dash foreward and go to town.
Where did you buy your dash from?

Old 01-17-2011 | 09:42 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Old 01-17-2011 | 10:06 AM
notanexit7
Captain

yes...yes it does

Old 01-17-2011 | 11:50 AM
chastain90
Professional

Its a good time to replace a heater core when you do that too.

Old 01-17-2011 | 01:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
No it doesn't. That's just a vicious rumor started by staff here, so the the folks that have been here longer can complain about something.......

Old 01-17-2011 | 02:26 PM
notanexit7
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
No it doesn't. That's just a vicious rumor started by staff here, so the the folks that have been here longer can complain about something.......

Hahaha

Old 01-17-2011 | 03:01 PM
houser52

Originally Posted by Tinson
I just read over another post that included pages from the service manual. Those replacement instructions looked a lot more involved than what you did. Which airbag did you have to take out, driver or passanger?
I like your way better. It sounds easier.

Old 01-18-2011 | 04:10 AM
Tinson

Originally Posted by notanexit7
Where did you buy your dash from?
it was actually a christmas present from my dad, so i'd have to ask him.

Originally Posted by houser52
I just read over another post that included pages from the service manual. Those replacement instructions looked a lot more involved than what you did. Which airbag did you have to take out, driver or passanger?
I like your way better. It sounds easier.
passenger side

if you want me to type it out for you shoot me an e-mail or something and i'll explain what i did. i'm about 99% sure i have it set to let other users send me e-mails. i dont want to overload this guys thread with instructions

Old 01-18-2011 | 07:45 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Originally Posted by VWandDodge

Quick Reply: Dash board