2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front Right Tire Locking Up???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

i was driving down freeway and truck started jumping like crazy i had to pull over thought i blew a tire or cracked a rim..
THAT is death wobble. Generally due to a worn track bar.

Jack up the front of your truck. Spin the front tires. Have a buddy pump the brakes a couple times, and release them. Spin the tires again. Any difference? Does it take the same amount of effort on each side to spin the tire?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:32 AM
TryMeImHard
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I think I got it figured out.. I feel so stupid!!

Originally Posted by HeyYou
THAT is death wobble. Generally due to a worn track bar.

Jack up the front of your truck. Spin the front tires. Have a buddy pump the brakes a couple times, and release them. Spin the tires again. Any difference? Does it take the same amount of effort on each side to spin the tire?

Alright im almost sure its rubber hose on driver side because i went to work today and had to drive all the way to detroit to the house and i stopped for gas and noticed that my driver side smelled like roasted pads.. and now i feel so stupid because when i started changing brakes i was only going to do pads and rotors but drivers side caliper would not go back in.. i even bent a C clamp on it.. so i called got price on caliper.. when i took it off i noticed that while i was toying with it the fluid was moving i was able to push it in with my hands and soak myself with brake fluid.. yeah i didn't think anything of it, stupid right??

well i have not checked track bar yet other than reaching under and giving it a jerk and it clicks when i jerk/****** it towards the front.. my guess is it needs replaced.. Mean anything??

Old 03-22-2011, 11:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

If you can move it AT ALL by hand, it is indeed toast. (Track bar.)

Quick Reply: Front Right Tire Locking Up???