2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cam and Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
man are cams for 2nd gen ram expensive or what? i was just looking on summit and the cheapest cam was like $310. i have been looking at cams and kits for my 81 and the cheapest cam was about $63 and the cheapest cam and lifter kit is $111.
You can get a stock Roller cam reground for about 150.00. I just sold a Mopar RT cam for 50....Used cams show up.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
lazyboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well reground sounds like a good option to check into esp with the sausage cam numbers given and proven. next question what rocker ratio is suggested with the sausage cam?
just ordered all to button up the bottom end, this is getting exciting... whoo hoo

Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyboy
well reground sounds like a good option to check into esp with the sausage cam numbers given and proven. next question what rocker ratio is suggested with the sausage cam?
just ordered all to button up the bottom end, this is getting exciting... whoo hoo
You can get it ground for either 1.6 or 1.7.

The stock stamped steel rockers are 1.6, you could use them at a loss of some HP (friction loss) but your pushrods will have to dead nusts on.

BTW...The Sausage Cam was named after the guy on the original Dakota R/T forum whom designed it, Jim Marshall. AKA Jimmy Sausage.

Just so you know...LOL

Old 03-26-2011, 05:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

Its the gears in the diff that can kill ya. Too low (numerically) of a ratio, with large tires, and it takes quite a bit to get the truck rollin'.

Quick Reply: Cam and Lifters