2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

newbie from Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM
steffers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Annihilator_X9
Love the truck! Wish I bought mine from the south, no rust!
When we bought it, the passenger door on bottom had rust decay, but the guy gave us another door to switch it out with. But found out the truck was made in Canada. And yea dude, i know NOT to print out the whole manual..im not a complete ditz..lol..i meant im only gonna print out what i need..lol..silly..anyhow, ive also noticed how a lot of ppl complain about cracks in their dashboard, i guess we are one of the few lucky ones, the inside is almost immaculate. no cracks, tears, majority of it was clean, just a little dirt on the top inside. The only thing we done so far was take it to a body shop, get out what dents there were, re-paint and a spray bedliner..We got some nerf bars to put on it, but dammit, he cant get them to fit right..on the front of the truck it connects fine, but in the back of the frame, it goes up and its not level with the bar, like we have to put a spacer in between to get it connected...anyone know what to do on this??

oh yea, my fiance is from detroit, MI..so atleast HE knows what snow is..lol

Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Annihilator_X9
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steffers
oh yea, my fiance is from detroit, MI..so atleast HE knows what snow is..lol
I've been to Detroit quite a few times. I live on the other side of the state, but make it over there for ball games and concerts. Huzzah!

I want nerf bars too, my wife has issues getting in and out of my truck as well.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
steffers

Originally Posted by Annihilator_X9

I want nerf bars too, my wife has issues getting in and out of my truck as well.
yea, not so easy when u have to hop up into the truck..lol..thats what i have to do. SO my question still stands for anyone who can answer, how in the heck do you install them when the back doesnt line up like the front and there is a gap in between the frame and the nerf bar?

Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Can you post a pic of the problem?

Where do your bars mount? You have brackets that come off the body mounts? Or do they actually bolt to the frame of the truck?

Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

random question that maybe the OP will need as well. with the service manuals whats the BE and BR stand for?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
steffers

Originally Posted by blackbeasst
random question that maybe the OP will need as well. with the service manuals whats the BE and BR stand for?

yea, i dont know either..lol..OK, i think i got the pic uploaded right. i hope you can understand it. He drew it for the company that we bought them from bc they also asked for a pic of the problem.

Attached Thumbnails newbie from Alabama-nerf-mounting-diagram.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Wonder if they shipped it with the wrong rear brakets?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
steffers

when we asked about it, they said that the mounting kit they sent was the right one for our truck, but obviously it isnt. We even sent a pic of everything that came in the mounting set. But they gave us a $75 refund, but not sure how that is going to fix the problem. We asked ppl at Autozone if they knew how we could get it installed, they didnt know. So, when he gets the chance, hes going to call an auto shop and see if they can do anything with it, otherwise we have a $150 P.O.S.. :0(

Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I would be real tempted to just return it, and then go someplace else to get something that will actually fit right...

Old 06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
steffers

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I would be real tempted to just return it, and then go someplace else to get something that will actually fit right...
swell idea, but we cant..they only had a 15 day return policy..and its past that..so i doubt they will take it back..

Quick Reply: newbie from Alabama