2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Open longtube headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

You would lose some bottom end..... but, that's gonna happen anyway. You will lose a bit more with the bigger valve heads. Go with a slightly higher stall converter, and when you have it all together, you will like it.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:45 PM
NYJohn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these the only long tubes or are they different brands available. How they fit. Would like to see them installed if you got pictures. Video would be cool to.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:25 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Drivers side was a PITA and for some reason i could not get one of the bolts it but it doesnt leak so im not to worried bout it, passenger side took only about 15 mins to install, ill have pics up whenever i can get to a computer,cant post them from my fone. And thanks heyyou, patc is right down the road from where i work and payday ill be pickin up a new converter from them(old one has lockup issues). So what stall speed should i get if i go to a m1 with stock valves, and would you mind explaining whatexactly stall speed means?

Old 09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stall speed is pretty much the lag time it takes the torque converter to spin up in 1st at idle. Low stall speed gets you moving faster, usually for low end torque engines. High stall for high end engines.
Considering you have 35's I would go for low end performance. You do gears yet?

Old 09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
NYJohn

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
Drivers side was a PITA and for some reason i could not get one of the bolts it but it doesnt leak so im not to worried bout it, passenger side took only about 15 mins to install, ill have pics up whenever i can get to a computer,cant post them from my fone. And thanks heyyou, patc is right down the road from where i work and payday ill be pickin up a new converter from them(old one has lockup issues). So what stall speed should i get if i go to a m1 with stock valves, and would you mind explaining whatexactly stall speed means?
YA thanks anyways. Don't think we will be around anymore to see the pictures whenever you get around to a computer. PEACE OUT.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Not yet im gonna wait till i find a set of 1tons, then im gonna go to 4.88's and 40's. Stock stall speed is like 1600i rpms, so what number should i tell patc when i go get mine

Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYJohn
YA thanks anyways. Don't think we will be around anymore to see the pictures whenever you get around to a computer. PEACE OUT.
WTF is your problem, man?
Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
Not yet im gonna wait till i find a set of 1tons, then im gonna go to 4.88's and 40's. Stock stall speed is like 1600i rpms, so what number should i tell patc when i go get mine
Uhhh, I would go lower, even with 4.88's. Since you wanna run 40's you should prolly go for low and mid range power and torque. Top end isn't gonna do anything but make things.....uhhh...interesting.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Well it will have 35's for the week and 40's for the weekend. So i want all thre lol( i kno its not gonna happen). And id rather get an aigap but 600is gonna take a while to save up, ive heard that an m1 with a torquey cam will bring back the bottom end, so which cam could i get, and would a low stall tc help bring that bottom end out more. Sorry about all the questions, but i wanna make sure i set it up the right way the first time

Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The M1 and Airgap have the same low end loss on a stock tune. A good tune will more than bring low end torque back.

Quick Reply: Open longtube headers