2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

When I turn the heat on the ac clutch stays engaged, ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 PM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did google it but I missed that link, I think it was early in this thread too. Im not as good as you at that google thing lol, but I did go to their website and got confused.
What little motor are you talking about? I believe my problem is the switch but it could be the heater treater problem.
I'm lost I'll give another description of what's going on. When I put it on floor and feet vents without ac, it turns off the ac compressor and pumps out luke warm air no matter where that blue and red switch is. I flushed my heater core and it ran fine both ways. Ac works great with no problems to speak of. Sorry for being so dumb with this stuff but this is my first time dealing with ac/heat issues and I don't feel like taking it to someone who makes 14x more than me lol. Thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 08:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,301 Likes on 3,047 Posts

The little **** in the dash (temp control) suggests to the funny little motor where it needs to park the blend door. (the part that actually influences how much air flows thru either the evap core for the a/c, or the heater core, for, oddly enough... heat. If the coupler breaks, the door either gets stuck in one position, or, flaps around in there, and completely ignores what the temp **** is suggesting. The little motor feller gets confused, and turns to far, and then just stops working altogether. Part of the procedure for installing the heatertreater (the little coupler), is re-indexing the little motor, so that things work the way they are supposed to again.

Clear as Mud?

Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does make sense, so if the door was broken it would make my **** completely pointless. Guess I have to buy the heater treater and take my dash apart or do I? That confuses me too but I'll research it myself and figure it out. Thanks for the information and the links!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,301 Likes on 3,047 Posts

The little motor feller hangs out on the bottom of the heater box, passenger side, by the trans tunnel. If you get down and look from the passenger side, you should be able to see it. Held in by two screws, one of which is a REAL DRAG to get to. Then it just falls off into your hand.

Quick Reply: When I turn the heat on the ac clutch stays engaged, ideas?