2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Motor replaced!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:45 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol I wish , but I don't see myself owning the truck much longer

Old 10-20-2011, 07:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
Lol I wish , but I don't see myself owning the truck much longer
Oh? Why not?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:11 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Oh? Why not?
High mileage 150k , poor gas mileage and its a single cab my gf had 2 kids and we can't take them anywhere . Paying 90 2 times a week to fill up is killing my pocket . Also just replaced the tires and a new rad along with all hoses . Still on stock motor and tranny .

I know there some kinda ticking in the motor and I don't have the money to find out, I'm leaning towerd a bad lifter .

Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by lastrights
High mileage 150k , poor gas mileage and its a single cab my gf had 2 kids and we can't take them anywhere . Paying 90 2 times a week to fill up is killing my pocket . Also just replaced the tires and a new rad along with all hoses . Still on stock motor and tranny .

I know there some kinda ticking in the motor and I don't have the money to find out, I'm leaning towerd a bad lifter .
Yep. That sounds familiar...... Pretty much the same thing happened to my Firebird. It was just impractical for the 'new' living situation. I was very sad to see that car go, we had been together for quite some time. (It had over 200,000 miles on it, and it only had about 60K when I bought it...... longest I have ever owned a single vehicle that I drove on a daily basis.)

Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 PM
kadetklapp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the hardest part of the engine swap? I'm staring down the barrel of this as we speak.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Exhaust bolts that break off, some of the trans bolts are fun to get to, ten million electrical connectors, not including the two your forget...... turning the engine so you can get to the individual T/C bolts....

It's a process. Take your time, label parts as you take them off, especially fasteners, and where they go. Injector connectors just to be safe.... Take pictures.... that always helps.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
FireDodge
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, definitely the hardest part was reassembly. Remembering where all of the wires go and which bolts go where even when you label and organize them. Pictures did help, but taking your time and concentrating is your best bet. And make sure you remember to hook up allllll of your ground wires haha, we couldn't figure out why the thing wouldn't turn over until we found 2 random grounds laying around.

Quick Reply: Motor replaced!