2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anything you know about power locks/keyless

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:16 PM
tatitup8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anything you know about power locks/keyless

put my omega freedom-450 alarm in saturday, ordered the omega dm-1 keyless module.. i got it in today, and it has different instructions for different (3-wire grounding type, 3-wire +12v type, 5-wire reverse polarity type, special door locking system with optional ds-2 motor, vacuum door lock system with dm-1v) just wondering which one i have... i have a 99 dodge ram with 2001 lock parts in it. any help appreciated..

wires coming from module:
orange - to alarm
black - ground
red +12v
pink - optional starter
purple +12v
green ?
white ?
blue ?
brown ?

thanks

Old 10-21-2011, 07:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Door lock switches provide the ground path.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 PM
tatitup8
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Door lock switches provide the ground path.
but what is the (wire system) like 3-wire, 5-wire.. reverse polarity or not?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I think it would be considered a three wire system. Of course, it also might be a reverse polarity system...... would have to see how they define their terms.

In the 01 service manual, on page 8W-61-2 is a wiring diagram for the power locks. have a look. (you can get the manual from the FAQ section.)

Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Too much modification has been done on this rig , for anyone to give you an accurate diagnosis. You installed the power accessories yourself(or should I say, someone else did after it didn't work).?

Now, who know's what color wire's do what and go where. I say bring it to the shop that fixed the first F up , and let them install your new alarm. You'll most likely going to end up doing that anyway.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
tatitup8
Veteran

Originally Posted by zman17
Too much modification has been done on this rig , for anyone to give you an accurate diagnosis. You installed the power accessories yourself(or should I say, someone else did after it didn't work).?

Now, who know's what color wire's do what and go where. I say bring it to the shop that fixed the first F up , and let them install your new alarm. You'll most likely going to end up doing that anyway.
i took it to the guy to fix the seat belt being locked up, because i was simply being lazy. he told me what was wrong, he didn't fix it, i took it home and finished everything up. yes, it took me a week, but i did it all myself. i can take the panels off and figure out this question, but i thought id see if anyone knew off the top of their heads before i go ripping **** apart again. sorry for ASKING a FORUM for a hand to save me time.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I would like to think you could tap into the harness where it comes into the truck from the drivers door...... if your alarm module can complete the ground circuit, Orange with Black trace will lock, Pink with Black trace should unlock. Provided the wires are the same as the wiring diagram shows.........

Old 10-21-2011, 08:18 PM
tatitup8
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I would like to think you could tap into the harness where it comes into the truck from the drivers door...... if your alarm module can complete the ground circuit, Orange with Black trace will lock, Pink with Black trace should unlock. Provided the wires are the same as the wiring diagram shows.........
okay, so i need to figure out the grounded wires to the unlock, and unlock?
would it help if i took a picture of this sheet and uploaded it?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tatitup8
i took it to the guy to fix the seat belt being locked up, because i was simply being lazy. he told me what was wrong, he didn't fix it, i took it home and finished everything up. yes, it took me a week, but i did it all myself. i can take the panels off and figure out this question, but i thought id see if anyone knew off the top of their heads before i go ripping **** apart again. sorry for ASKING a FORUM for a hand to save me time.
Sorry there bud, Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. Maybe you should see if Omega has a site, with a forum and maybe a FAQ section of there own. The odds of some one here installing the same thing, is pretty low. Just saying. Hope you getting working .

Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by tatitup8
okay, so i need to figure out the grounded wires to the unlock, and unlock?
would it help if i took a picture of this sheet and uploaded it?
The circuit is always powered. Hitting the switch provides the ground for the actuators. Need to figger out which wires provide GROUND path on the alarm module, and splice into the wires as outlined above.

Quick Reply: anything you know about power locks/keyless