2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

extra money guess its 408 time

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011 | 09:21 PM
dipsherry
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Adobedude
I wanted one too....This guy said they're junk.

http://www.shadydellspeedshop.com/

Ryan Johnson. He's one of the best small Block Mopar guys out there...All he does is SBM.
yeah as of now i am alot of money into this build its going to be my dream powertrain....now i need to get body work then i will have my dream truck. Dont want to waste money on parts that will not be worth while

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:55 PM
dipsherry
|
Record Breaker

Name:  20111220_184511.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  105.3 KB

got home my balcony looked like santa made a early stop

Old 12-20-2011 | 07:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by dipsherry

oh HELL YEAH!

Old 12-20-2011 | 08:13 PM
Moparman59
Rookie
Default Lessons

Beware you are a 95er. Your fuel pressure is 39psi. It will take a 30lb injector and turn it into a 28.5lber A 27lb injector at 43 turns into a 24.6 at 39 lbs psi. It will lean you out! Be careful!
You have one choice for a tune (unless you go stand alone) that is Dave at B&G. I am running stock cam with R/T heads (202s) for max torque.Big cam you lose torque. I am running 285-75 16's with 4:10 posi.
Stay away from Eagle and run the Scat crank. Tensioner for your timing chain is a good investment from Mopar get it. Spend some extra bucks on dampner you won't regret it. I had 3 MP lifters fail. Your call there.
I used the 1.7rrs because I have stock cam. High volume oil pumps can send too much oil top side and fry your bearings be careful.
My engine spends most of it's time 2100 rpm and lower. It's a daily driver. I do like to play with the Hemi's at the lights sometimes and manually shift at 5700. The 408 is the engine Chrysler should have built. Good Luck!!

Old 12-20-2011 | 08:26 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

I love opening presents for my truck!

Old 12-20-2011 | 09:52 PM
gdstock
Legend

You must have been a very good boy this year!

Old 12-20-2011 | 10:14 PM
J415
Champion

OH MY GOODNESS, I THINK I JUST GOT A CHUBBY!!! I'd LOVE to have a day like that Dipsherry!!!

Old 12-21-2011 | 10:02 AM
dipsherry
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Moparman59
Beware you are a 95er. Your fuel pressure is 39psi. It will take a 30lb injector and turn it into a 28.5lber A 27lb injector at 43 turns into a 24.6 at 39 lbs psi. It will lean you out! Be careful!
You have one choice for a tune (unless you go stand alone) that is Dave at B&G. I am running stock cam with R/T heads (202s) for max torque.Big cam you lose torque. I am running 285-75 16's with 4:10 posi.
Stay away from Eagle and run the Scat crank. Tensioner for your timing chain is a good investment from Mopar get it. Spend some extra bucks on dampner you won't regret it. I had 3 MP lifters fail. Your call there.
I used the 1.7rrs because I have stock cam. High volume oil pumps can send too much oil top side and fry your bearings be careful.
My engine spends most of it's time 2100 rpm and lower. It's a daily driver. I do like to play with the Hemi's at the lights sometimes and manually shift at 5700. The 408 is the engine Chrysler should have built. Good Luck!!
thanks for all the advice the injector delima is still where i sit. thats all i have left on my list. I am doing a full standalone ecu so thats covered. the eagle crank i got is the forged not cast i have heard good things about the forged cranks and bad about the cast. As far as the oil pump i figure i am going to run it by the guy building my motor if he says go standard volume i will go that route unless i can find a bigger pan.
Mopar lifters are getting mixed reviews also might try to get a different set before the motor gets put together

Old 12-21-2011 | 10:26 AM
Adobedude
All Star

thanks for all the advice the injector delima is still where i sit. thats all i have left on my list. I am doing a full standalone ecu so thats covered. the eagle crank i got is the forged not cast i have heard good things about the forged cranks and bad about the cast. As far as the oil pump i figure i am going to run it by the guy building my motor if he says go standard volume i will go that route unless i can find a bigger pan.
Mopar lifters are getting mixed reviews also might try to get a different set before the motor gets put together
Like I've said...Eagle Forged is not the problem, Eagle cast is.

I pulled apart 32 lifters a couple weeks ago, a set of 16 to get the spring out and a set of 16 to to clean (shimmed lifters), over half of them had come apart inside, there's a press fit cup inside the lifter that holds the check valve, the cup pops off and allows the lifter to immediatle bleed down, I'm going with the COMP solid rollers, IMO the Mopar/Crane etc lifters are junk. Even for a stock buuild.

Have you thought about Rhodes...?

Last edited by Adobedude; 12-21-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-21-2011 | 10:31 AM
dipsherry
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Adobedude
Like I've said...Eagle Forged is no the problem, Eagle cast is.

I pulled apart 32 lifters a couple weeks ago, a set of 16 to get the spring out and a set of 16 to to clean (shimmed lifters), over half of them had come apart inside, there's a press fit cup inside the lifter that holds the check valve, the cup pops off and allows the lifter to immediatle bleed down, I'm going with the COMP solid rollers, IMO the Mopar/Crane etc lifters are junk. Even for a stock buuild.

Have you thought about Rhodes...?
thats what i was going to ask about if the rhodes lifters were any good

Quick Reply: extra money guess its 408 time