2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Filter / Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, a check valve actually has crossed my mind, I would appreciate any updates on how difficult doing something like that would be

Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
1nordictom1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the regulator placement, referring to just what I have done in the past with an EFI set up. the regulator should be near the fuel rail, this will give you a constant pressure at the injectors, & will allow the pressure at the injectors to stay the same, no matter where you are in the throttle....

My plan would be to use a check valve at where the pump outlet exits the tank. Earls & Goodridge Performance hose companies make these, approx $40, w/ an approx. .2 psi pressure drop across the valve, if memory serve's me correctly........

NT

Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1nordictom1
Regarding the regulator placement, referring to just what I have done in the past with an EFI set up. the regulator should be near the fuel rail, this will give you a constant pressure at the injectors, & will allow the pressure at the injectors to stay the same, no matter where you are in the throttle....

My plan would be to use a check valve at where the pump outlet exits the tank. Earls & Goodridge Performance hose companies make these, approx $40, w/ an approx. .2 psi pressure drop across the valve, if memory serve's me correctly........

NT
Thanks for that info saves me some leg work.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
1nordictom1
Amateur

OK,
just to keep the info flowing.....food for thought

This is from the FSM, for my 2001 Ram 2500
"Fuel pressure while engine running = 49.2 psi +/-5 psi"
"a properly functioning pump should pump 1/4 liter (8.5oz) in 7 seconds"

In a previous post, it was mentioned that the use of GM TPI pump might work, I have researched it, & either they meet the pressure requirement or the flow requirement, but not both together. let me know if I'm looking this up wrong......

NT

Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM
alt-fuel
Amateur
Default dodge have dead head fueling no return

Variable speed fuel pump ramps up with demand. I maybe wrong.

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter / Regulator