2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CHanged Plenum ....Not fixed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaggy433
Talked to the dealer and they said that I bought it "as is" so I'm SOL. Doesn't seem like Ohio has any lemon laws that cover used cars....

Merc225hp I've had it since Dec 14th so just under 2 months
I think you need to check into that. They may be telling you that just so they don't have to take it back and deal with it. Chances are they aren't going to tell you about Lemon Laws or admit to anything, you'll have to fight them

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/OH_law.html

Old 02-07-2012, 06:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Lemon laws usually apply to vehicles taken in for the same repair, on at least three occasions, and it still isn't fixed. Given it's a used vehicle, and he has had it more than 30 days.... He is prolly outta luck. Bummer.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Lemon laws usually apply to vehicles taken in for the same repair, on at least three occasions, and it still isn't fixed. Given it's a used vehicle, and he has had it more than 30 days.... He is prolly outta luck. Bummer.
Welp that sucks to say the least.

I'd go hit the JY's and see what he can find for a good price.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Welp that sucks to say the least.

I'd go hit the JY's and see what he can find for a good price.

+1 on that. SHould be aqble to get a decent on at JY or rebuild the oe you have.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Shaggy433
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well maybe some good news...I went and talked to the dealer today and they tried telling me too bad, its my fault, blah blah blah, and the manager took over and checked the records on my truck and came back and said, "oh yeah remember we told you that it has a re-manufactured motor in it when you bought it" I said hell no!!! if you would have told me that I wouldn't have bought it! but it had a 1yr 10k warranty on it and it is under both of those...However the warranty was non-transferable and done by some small shop. They called said shop/ manufacturer and whoever they needed to talk to wasn't in. So they are supposed to call me tomorrow and let me know what they say.

So I (crosses fingers) MAYBE getting a new motor put in!!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM
stewie01
Legend

Well maybe some good news...I went and talked to the dealer today and they tried telling me too bad, its my fault, blah blah blah, and the manager took over and checked the records on my truck and came back and said, "oh yeah remember we told you that it has a re-manufactured motor in it when you bought it" I said hell no!!! if you would have told me that I wouldn't have bought it! but it had a 1yr 10k warranty on it and it is under both of those...However the warranty was non-transferable and done by some small shop. They called said shop/ manufacturer and whoever they needed to talk to wasn't in. So they are supposed to call me tomorrow and let me know what they say.

So I (crosses fingers) MAYBE getting a new motor put in!!
I'd push the issue as much as possible, things could go your way.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish you luck on getting them to fix it.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
tweav88
Professional

So what happened?!

Old 02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Shaggy433
Rookie

The owner of the dealership is out of town till Monday so we are waiting to see what he has to say.

The manufacture of the motor said that the warranty was non-transferable so I'm outta luck with that one...I will find out who made the motor on monday and post it so you all know NOT to buy one from them. This motor is 11 months old and only has 7k on it..They should last longer than that. It could explain why my plenum gasket wasn't too bad though if they just replaced it last year..

Old 02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
PapaG
Veteran

Talked to the dealer and they said that I bought it "as is" so I'm SOL. Doesn't seem like Ohio has any lemon laws that cover used cars....

Merc225hp I've had it since Dec 14th so just under 2 months
I feel your pain man. I bought mine from used dealer and knew it had some things that needed to be fixed but have had some trans problems that started pretty much immediately after buying it. Since it was sold "as-is" I'm pretty much SOL as far as trying to get the dealer to help. I'm not real happy with what I paid for it considering what I have to do to it but not much I can do about it now but fix the stuff and go on. At least when I'm done I will know it's all done right. Honestly I was madder at myself than anything because I should have been more thorough about checking the truck out before I bought it. Lol.

Quick Reply: CHanged Plenum ....Not fixed