2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This springs truck build (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rumble_truck
$150... basically, my boss told me $150 and you can have free reign of the truck, yanked motor, trans, the 2nd trans (it blew two at once, long story), dual battery tray, fuel tank (with 30gal of diesel, hope he never finds that one out).
Holy Cows man that was a friggin' steal!

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 02-16-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speedo water temp, work even if the motor is off, as long add the key is in the run poison iirc. I bet it won't be to hard to make the tach work either

Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
Speedo water temp, work even if the motor is off, as long add the key is in the run poison iirc. I bet it won't be to hard to make the tach work either
I would love to have a tach, and im definitely going to have an A pillar cluster for boost, pyrometer, and engine oil temp, possibly a trans temp. Just anything but those ridiculous 6'' tachs the ricers strap on their dashboards

Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

does your stock cluster not have a tach? or does it have a giant gas guage next to the speedo

Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
does your stock cluster not have a tach? or does it have a giant gas guage next to the speedo
it has a tach, but i assume it goes through the pcm, if not, hell half of my swaps worries are over.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 AM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

I believe either on 4btswaps.com or competitiondiesel.com there is a thread on making the tach work when making the swap. Im not sure what all it applies to but its worth the search. Also, im not sure how much power your wanting out of a 4BT, but if your wanting more than 200 HP from it, check with competitiondiesel.com. The guys at 4btswaps.com are very knowledgable with the swaps, but are scared to death to push any power from it, although its been proven many times to work. Any more than 200 and your gonna "grenade" it is their theory. But 400 HP and ~25 mpg would be freaking SWEET!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran

There was one website (the one im ordering the bellhousing from) that the guy either twin or sequential turboed a 4bd1t and made 500hp to the wheels, I think the site is izuzuswappers.com or something like that.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rumble_truck
it has a tach, but i assume it goes through the pcm, if not, hell half of my swaps worries are over.
well it shouldnt be to hard to trick the pcm into thinking that its getting the right signals, and therefore sending the right signals lol. if that doesnt work im sure there is a wire set that goes to the back of the guage cluster that can be splice into

Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran

By the way fellas, PMed afew people with no solution, but the dana axles are just waiting on rims, and can someone refer me to someone who knows what offset I would need for 37/12.5/16.5s?

Dont wanna replace the wheel bearing in my 44 rather swap the whole axle

Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,367 Likes on 3,109 Posts

Backspacing is what you are concerned with, offset isn't nearly so critical. Basically, the stock wheels are like 7.5 inch, with 4-5 inch backspacing. Try and keep wheel geometry close to stock when choosing wheels, and you should be golden.

Quick Reply: This springs truck build (pics included)