2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 Ram missing engine, water from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
angelhonka
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After changing the ckps , ther is no change it is still misfiring , I chked my wires with my timing light and they all seemed like they r getting a good spark . I bought the coil but I dont think thats the problem ..... like I sed earlier this happened right after filling up with 14 gal .... Im really thinking that my injectors r the problem , when I oulled themn out they seemed to look good but I was only able to clean them out with carb cleaner and compressed air so Im thinking the trash is inside the injectors themselves ..... AND IM still having water coming out the exhaust sputters of water mainly .... could that have anything to do with the water pump I replaced 3 weeks ago ...BTW that ckps really wasnt that bad

Old 02-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first bought my truck, it had the same exact symptoms of yours. I had two things, plenum blown BAD, and the fuel sync was off. Got the plenum fixed and fuel synced and it was good. I'm not sure which of the two was the bigger contributor

Old 02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
angelhonka

Well how do I know if its the plenum for sure ? also how do u sync the fuel ? Im really leaning towards fuel related .....

Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM
angelhonka

Ijust changed the the coil and no change its still misfiring... I looked inside the TB it looked oily along with what looks like water droplets kinda like condensation . if the plenum gasket blows out could that be the reason why Im having water coming out of the exh. ...

Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,257 Likes on 3,004 Posts

If everything started right after you got gas, drop the tank, empty it, clean it out, and flush the lines. (I missed that bit previously.....) Put in some quality gas. (not from the same station please....) See how it feels then.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain

To know if its the plenum, read the plenum thread stickied on the top of the main page, all the info you will need! For the fuel sync, that has to be done by a dealer or someone who has the equipment to do so, I have no idea what causes it to be "outta sync", but mine was when I bought it. The dealer I bought it from did it for me at no charge, but I can't imagine it being too much... but then again it is a dealer...

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM
angelhonka

Heyyou ive dropped the tank put in the new pump assy and took out 20 gal of gas then drove it to a diff gas station along with sum seafoam with that gas ... and it made no diff ... My next step would b to do the injectors ....Im gonna go to autoz and rent a fuel pressure gauge and see what the pressure says at the fuel rail

Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM
angelhonka

well ive chkd the press at the fuel rail and it read 47 with the key on and engine off , I am just lost at this point .... Is there anything else I might try b4 I buy the reman bosch fuel injectoirs off of ebay ?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 PM
johnnyjaws98
Veteran

did you replace the gas filter? they get crapped up

Old 02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain

Originally Posted by johnnyjaws98
did you replace the gas filter? they get crapped up
The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump assembly so it should be new