2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Probably tradin' in the Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crackshot
No unfortunately it is not. It is 4 speed auto. Service been done, pan dropped and bands adjusted by dealer he works for. It shifts real good.
The positive side is my wife can drive it.
Never been chipped other than the super chips PCM programmer. I guess he used it for mileage setting and to adjust for tire size. He is including that too.
I close the deal tomorrow and meeting the seller at the bank.

Hammer, that's good info a and did a lot of research on models and kept coming back to dodge.
what kind of tire size?.... I realize its a diesel and has lots of torque to spare but if its got oversize tires.... depending on the size they will put additional stress on that auto tranny since the gearing and shiftpoints will be off without correcting the gears (which he would not need to reprogram the speedo for if he had done it)
just something to keep in mind...

Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Oooooh..... that's sharp. I want one!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Crackshot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
what kind of tire size?.... I realize its a diesel and has lots of torque to spare but if its got oversize tires.... depending on the size they will put additional stress on that auto tranny since the gearing and shiftpoints will be off without correcting the gears (which he would not need to reprogram the speedo for if he had done it)
just something to keep in mind...
It has 35's. He did not change gearing. I still bought it and closed the deal today. Now I need to sell my 1500!
Here are some pics.
Name:  dodge2500.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  55.9 KB
Name:  2500wheels.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  44.2 KB

Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice truck! The 47re should be fine, even with 35's on stock gears. Just be nice to it

Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Crackshot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Nice truck! The 47re should be fine, even with 35's on stock gears. Just be nice to it
To be honest, I am not a rodder. I usually cruise. Repairs are too expensive on any vehicle.
Only reason I bought it was to get up hills a little easier and to go a little farther distance using a little less fuel. I will be pulling about 9k max.
It does have a block 53 but does not have any cracks. Dealer checked it all out during service and I thumbnailed it last night.
I guess it's a crap shoot with a 53 but as with any tow vehicle, (Gasoline or diesel) you want to warm them up good before pulling a load.
Wife loves driving it. Steering is tight. I don't know if I will get to drive it though!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think that, since you are keeping it stock, and not a pedal-stomper, you will probably get many many miles out of the truck, even with the 53 block.

Quick Reply: Probably tradin' in the Dodge