2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas in intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:58 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@gdstock, When an injector starts to misfire/miss, its spray pattern is not correct or may not be complete. The injectors are leaking anyway, and a downstream O2 sensor is at least $120, about the same as replacing the injectors. Not saying that it couldn't be an O2 sensor either, just that I know that I need to do injector work. @ HeyYou and @stewie01, 20K pounds is more than the full ton truck of the same year with same engine and HD tranny is rated at. But we have never found it to lack power, we might just come down to 45 MPH on hills @ 4900RPM in 1st gear, but after we do upgrades the engine will handle it better. The transimission has 147K on it but hasn't slipped at all. As for the brakes, they are OEM brakes from the factory, but are the largest ones you could get at 14inch. We have a brake controller and brakes on the trailer. Before we used this flatbed, we had a 16-foot cattle trailer without brakes, and that took as much as a semi to stop. But it is an amazing truck.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:55 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by techningeer
@gdstock, When an injector starts to misfire/miss, its spray pattern is not correct or may not be complete. The injectors are leaking anyway, and a downstream O2 sensor is at least $120, about the same as replacing the injectors. Not saying that it couldn't be an O2 sensor either, just that I know that I need to do injector work. @ HeyYou and @stewie01, 20K pounds is more than the full ton truck of the same year with same engine and HD tranny is rated at. But we have never found it to lack power, we might just come down to 45 MPH on hills @ 4900RPM in 1st gear, but after we do upgrades the engine will handle it better. The transimission has 147K on it but hasn't slipped at all. As for the brakes, they are OEM brakes from the factory, but are the largest ones you could get at 14inch. We have a brake controller and brakes on the trailer. Before we used this flatbed, we had a 16-foot cattle trailer without brakes, and that took as much as a semi to stop. But it is an amazing truck.
Check here for the O2 sensor http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php and if you do decide on changing injectors do a search on ebay for a remanufactured set of 19# Ford 4-hole injectors. Will give you a lot better fuel flow pattern and a smoother running engine.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP you should post pictures of this towing madness

Old 07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

@bwdakrt, Have you used those Ford injectors in your Dodge truck? @2x1972, I was going to get pictures but I was up till 5 in the morning with a flat tire and when I got up at 10 they had unloaded already. I have some past pictures and we are going to tow a 24' gooseneck sometime I will get pictures.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by techningeer
@bwdakrt, Have you used those Ford injectors in your Dodge truck? @2x1972, I was going to get pictures but I was up till 5 in the morning with a flat tire and when I got up at 10 they had unloaded already. I have some past pictures and we are going to tow a 24' gooseneck sometime I will get pictures.
Sure do. Been running them for about 5 years now and love 'em. Easier starts, smoother idle, a little better mpg and butt dyno says a little more power.

There's 2 different styles...EV1 has the rectangular shaped connector for '92-'99 models and the EV6 has the oval shaped connector for the '00 + models.

Here's a plug and play set for your truck at a real good price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-BOSCH-19LB...6b948b&vxp=mtr

Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
tmacie
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BWDAKRT....Will the ford injectors fit our rails and intakes with the stock ford orings and such or do you have to use the dodge o-rings?

Thanks,
Travis

Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

O-rings are the same. Direct fit.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
tmacie
Amateur

Velly nice! I have a plenum plate and gasket waiting for me to install. Looks like a perfect time to install new injectors!!!

Travis

Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tmacie
BWDAKRT....Will the ford injectors fit our rails and intakes with the stock ford orings and such or do you have to use the dodge o-rings?

Thanks,
Travis
Originally Posted by HeyYou
O-rings are the same. Direct fit.
The man is exactly right. A very simple plug & play as long as you get the ones with the matching connectors for your year model truck.

'92-'99 - EV1 Rectangular shaped connector
'00 + - EV6 Oval shaped connector

Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

^^ good info here. After i get my headers and exhaust done along with a 14x3 i will probably upgrade to these injectors. Im sure they may help with heavy loads i tend to pull, not 20k lbs, but still.

Quick Reply: Gas in intake manifold