2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1998 4bt Cummins Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Bummer! What's the plan now?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Moochoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Planning on running the turbo like it came.. It appears to be really close to clearing if I run a 3" down pipe that cuts straight down almost 90*...

It'll be one of the last things to fiddle with. I'm also looking at either moving my vacuum pump somewhere else or just adjusting it to clear the hood. Or do a cowl hood

Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochoff
It'll be one of the last things to fiddle with. I'm also looking at either moving my vacuum pump somewhere else or just adjusting it to clear the hood. Or do a cowl hood

cowl hood is easy enough make our of your current hood and will make you one of the few that has one for more than looks and acording to the ricer forums it gives you 10 more hp havent you heard

Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
konspiracy
Amateur

Originally Posted by h3lzsn1p3r
cowl hood is easy enough make our of your current hood and will make you one of the few that has one for more than looks and acording to the ricer forums it gives you 10 more hp havent you heard
Hey man just because us Honda guys like to squeeze every drop of horsepower from those little 4 cylinders, doesn't make us a ricer. I miss my little 88 integra so much, there is nothing like hitting 6000rpm daily getting 30mpg. It's a different mind set.
The older I get the more mainstream those little 4 cylinders become. give it another 30-40 years and those civics, supra's, and eclipses will be the next hot rods. My old eagle talon was one of my favorite little road cars, awd 420a motor (lotus designed) would haul some ***.

Trucks are nice for hauling stuff and my dodge is awesome, but I find it a major pain in the *** to drive in the city. I dont have a lift on mine so I can only imagine the struggle of driving threw Baton Rouge or Austin with a jacked up truck.

I honestly blame my generation and the Fast and the Furious franchise for dirtying up the 4 cylinder name. But for every ricer their is a stupid redneck with a jacked up truck trying to compensate for his manhood.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain

Originally Posted by konspiracy
Hey man just because us Honda guys like to squeeze every drop of horsepower from those little 4 cylinders, doesn't make us a ricer. I miss my little 88 integra so much, there is nothing like hitting 6000rpm daily getting 30mpg. It's a different mind set.
The older I get the more mainstream those little 4 cylinders become. give it another 30-40 years and those civics, supra's, and eclipses will be the next hot rods. My old eagle talon was one of my favorite little road cars, awd 420a motor (lotus designed) would haul some ***.

Trucks are nice for hauling stuff and my dodge is awesome, but I find it a major pain in the *** to drive in the city. I dont have a lift on mine so I can only imagine the struggle of driving threw Baton Rouge or Austin with a jacked up truck.

I honestly blame my generation and the Fast and the Furious franchise for dirtying up the 4 cylinder name. But for every ricer their is a stupid redneck with a jacked up truck trying to compensate for his manhood.
i can respect imports when done nice its just up here in canada down by ottawa its not done right they are little cars with fartcans and HIDS i have an 05 sunfire for my girl friend that im doing up properly with custom mods done right i know what you mean though

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all those rice burners sound like weed whackers.

and they get soo pissed off when they can't pass me

that little 4BT if built right can also push out some good power...

put some injectors on it and adjust the gate on the turbo and it'll turn out a lot more power...just depends on how much power he wants to turn it up to...it can handle 500hp on the bottom end... just need some studs for the head, tune the pump and throw some large injectors in there with a larger turbo, or compounds.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ And before you know it MooChoff, you'll be racing Jigabop

Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 PM
konspiracy
Amateur

Originally Posted by h3lzsn1p3r
i can respect imports when done nice its just up here in canada down by ottawa its not done right they are little cars with fartcans and HIDS i have an 05 sunfire for my girl friend that im doing up properly with custom mods done right i know what you mean though
I hate HIDS, Thats something we can agree on, burn them all.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 PM
konspiracy
Amateur

Originally Posted by Jigabop
all those rice burners sound like weed whackers.

and they get soo pissed off when they can't pass me

that little 4BT if built right can also push out some good power...

put some injectors on it and adjust the gate on the turbo and it'll turn out a lot more power...just depends on how much power he wants to turn it up to...it can handle 500hp on the bottom end... just need some studs for the head, tune the pump and throw some large injectors in there with a larger turbo, or compounds.
Is this gonna be a towing rig? Or an eye turner?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by konspiracy
I hate HIDS, Thats something we can agree on, burn them all.
i think you hate improperly installed HID's. most kids are too dumb and stick them in the stock housings that are not designed for hid's and then go around blind everyone. if HID's are installed properly with projectors then it will give you good light and won't blind oncoming traffic.

Quick Reply: 1998 4bt Cummins Swap