2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil Pressure changes

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurgen
Thanks wjxavier. It does help. Given the beautiful winters we have in Cleveland, along with the usually balmy accompanying temps, I think your advice on 5w-30 in the winter might be the ticket. Will give it a go. I will then switch it as you suggest in the spring for the 2-3 weeks of good weather we have.

Related, is there a better type oil for flat tappet lifter engines? I had heard Lucas makes an oil designated as a racing oil that is supposed to lubricate these older engines better. Do you know what the particular characteristic is that makes it better?
We (AMSOIL) makes a special blend called "Z-Rod". Its meant for engines in classic cars. Has a high zinc formula plus other ingredients and detergents beneficial to flat-tappet cam engines. Also is a good oil for storage as well

Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Kurgen
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will look for it and give it a go. I have an older Vette that could use the help.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure changes