2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Planned mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planned mods

Ok everyone here are some of the mods I have planned. First is a catback system 3in single /3 in dual and possible a set of shorties. Airaid Throttle body spacer, Sckyjacker Nitro Shockes. As far as cosmetics I'm thinking Grill insets, Black or White rims with bead lock look with tough nuts of course. The inside is up in the air. I have seen Billet accessories other then that don't know. It already has a Pioneer system in it. Let me know your thoughts and ideas. Also I do need to fix my door bad pin and bushings but I can't find them at a parts store, I have been told I have to replace the whole hinge. Anyone else have to do this.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Planned mods

Two things. First, a throttle body spacer is worthless, don't waste your money. If you want to use that money productively go for an upgraded throttle body or a CAI. I just finished testing my CAI and throttle body combo with some nice results. The throttle has alot more jump off the line and my mpg has gone from 15 highway up to 18.5 highway. Second, dual 3" pipes is going to casue you to lose alot of low end torque. From both experience and reading alot of posts about exhaust, your best bet would be dual 2 1/4" pipes. You shouldn't lose low end with 2 1/4" pipes.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:50 PM
MGDMike
Champion

The only good thing that spacer is going to help you with is a tapping spot for nos shots. Other than that don't even worry about getting that useless product. I agree use the money for some proven mods. Good luck man!

Old 11-05-2005, 07:09 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

Id go K&N Cold Air Intake and they get the cat back exhaust system or a flow master muffler.

Im going to make a list of the things I would do and post it on my website.

This question pops up every week and I want a static answer page.

Ill post up the link when I get this done.

If anyone has a list of what they would do to a stock dodge please answer up...

Also start looking at people signatures dodgeramman. There are alot of clues in there about what has been done. Feel free to send Private messages to them if you see something that you like. Almost all of the people here will tell you about there mods and rigs.... hehe

Ill post something in a few days for you..

Old 11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
bamory
Captain

I would just have them tap in a muffler and keep your bends and tailpipe, i did that and its kickass, as for intake...I recommend the Fastman 52 mm for 5.9 ------ 50mm for 5.2

220.00 through group buy on here, amazing difference in throttle response. I bought the Airaid system and modded it a bit, was cheaper than K&N and other than box (which I made for 4.00)
works just the same. Lotta hype on K&N and Airaid, I have yet to see any gains

Old 11-05-2005, 08:30 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

---Lotta hype on K&N and Airaid, I have yet to see any gains

I can tell u for a fact the k&n cold air intake works. I drove the same route to work over the same hills at the same speeds for months. I noticed after the k&n that I didnt have to downshift out of 5th to clear the top of the hills. I attribute that to the system letting in more air when I press harder in the gas. Also when I goto pass I have more top end. It will not give you 40+ horse power but you WILL see an improvement. You can see in the picture below the restriction inside the outlet of the stock airbox. It just wasnt letting enough air in under heavy load...

Anyhow my 2 cents.

Also Dodgeramman check this link and you can see how the k&n installs... http://www.ronbarthelt.com/Ram11.html

goodluck

Old 11-06-2005, 12:19 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

I installed an aFe Stage II cold Air system, far superior to K&N's thin walled junk, was less that $300 shipped to me frmo an Ebay Vendor....
VERY worth it, Towing and highway dramitcally improved... it also made the exhaust note chage under Wide Open throttle....

Old 11-06-2005, 12:20 PM
4DrMopar
Captain
Old 11-06-2005, 12:51 PM
bamory
Captain

Oh no doubt more air, but I worked it out backwards, I had my Fastman 52MM TB installed before I installed the CAI, I saw zeekxxx gains after the TB install, but quicker crisper acceleration, it was truly a big change for the 360. I just added Airaid because of the cone filter design, and i got it cheap, and it has that supercharger sound. People ask me about it, when we look at my engine, so it also makes good conversation piece. Your throttle body is your bottleneck, you can pump mass air toward the TB but if it cant utilize it, small gains. But as for a single and only mod, I would do the TB upgrade, exhaust, see how that works and If your strapped for cash, mod your existing stock air intake.

My opinion only based upon my observations and doesnt nessesarily reflect the opinion of other members.....lol

Old 11-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

Thanks for the info. With not getting the spacer and a whole exhaust I would save and put it a way for a TB. Now this may sound dumb but, do I order Raised or Stock hight shocks? Do I take one out and measure it? I have to do them first, as one is starting to leak.

Quick Reply: Planned mods