2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Aren't the MSD coils somewhat unreliable? I remember reading posts of them leaving Ram owners stranded.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Aren't the MSD coils somewhat unreliable? I remember reading posts of them leaving Ram owners stranded.
We'll the blaster ss coil wasn't to much from what I remember I'll get another for back up but so far it's bad ***

Old 04-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

And heyyou it was worth it glad I had it sitting back now I wouldn't mind finding a under drive crank pully and maybe make my own see thru fan shroud on top so you can see the pretty engine lol now if only the rest of the truck looked this good

Old 04-16-2016, 06:18 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Emmelman1
And heyyou it was worth it glad I had it sitting back now I wouldn't mind finding a under drive crank pully and maybe make my own see thru fan shroud on top so you can see the pretty engine lol now if only the rest of the truck looked this good
I was kidding about it being pretty but would like to see the work I put in I'm thinking electric fans wanna get rid of the shroud and noticed my pcv valve ticking pretty loud which is weird my truck sound like a beast and third I have two sets of injectors upgraded ignition (msd 6al, blaster as coil, thunderbolt 10.4 mm wires acceleration cap rotor brass tips any way to add more fuel to the system or do you think pcm will do it for me. Possibly tRick it.. and side note if I want to clean/hide the vaccuum lines made of plastic could I use so sort of metal tubing would
ook nice or gust get it out of there and relocate would like it to look like a hotrod under the hood not modern well to modern I also just got my 50mm fast man in its a bit dirty to say the least should I have it cleaned or do it myself if I think of anything else I WI
l get ahold of you

Old 04-16-2016, 08:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

PCV valve ticking is just telling you it's working. That's normal.

PCM uses the O2 sensor to maintain proper fueling while in closed loop. (which is pretty much most of the time.) PCM goes to open loop at large throttle openings, but, Ma Mopar always like to run them a bit rich in open loop anyway. Let the PCM do it's job. It actually is pretty good at it. Don't really need to change anything there till you start doing things like bigger heads, cam, etc.

You can replace the vacuum lines with anything you want. Just so long as they do their job. Metal lines would prolly be more durable, and you could probably even make it look good, with careful bending and such. Or, braided stainless hose wouldn't be bad either. The old plastic stuff gets brittle, and then breaks very easily. Probably no worse than the rubber hose drying out, and doing the same though.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Well got them about half replaced and noticed that my new throttle body is different were the throttle cables go gotta go to the park with my boy when I get back I'll get it the rest of the way off to take some pics might have to exchange them

Old 04-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

My old unit

New unit every thing else is same but that connector

Old 04-17-2016, 06:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

One of 'em didn't have cruise control?

Old 04-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
One of 'em didn't have cruise control?
They both had it I think but my throttle cable that runs from the accelerator is a metal cylinder that slides into the plastic piece and the new one has the plastic clip peice

Old 04-18-2016, 01:26 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Just cause

The metal cylinder throttle cable iwas talking about ima look for different ones at the ol junkyard

Bottom photo is of my temporary cold air intake I made and getting closer to finished motor project, had to get get her on the road for a test run ran smooth (motor wise) and I got her up to 90 no problem I believe in 2 country blocks and Cold air intake sounded like a turbo coming down lol next is u-joints, electric fan and under drive pulley set from huges engines

Last edited by Emmelman1; 04-18-2016 at 01:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500