2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500

As the title states I'm building up my old 1995 dodge ram 4x4 with the 360 it's the Dana 44 front 9.25 rear end it is going to be my work/plow/mud truck it's not going to be making little if any long trips it sat for almost 5 years before I was able to afford to get her running right (she was leaking oil) bad oil switch but can now afford it so far I have put in pace setter long tube headers, true duel exhaust 2 1/2 pipe with thrush welded mufflers, and soon a x pipe, distributer cap, rotor, wires plug, water pump, a/c delete, radiator, thermostat, battery, u-joints so she's pretty good mechanically right now I have bought new rims and tires 35x12.5x16.5 my fenders were pretty rusty/rotted but I have a metal fab buddy making me some custom cut out flares bit of rub stock. Now what I'm wondering is the tires are hard (expensive) used and new unless I go with the military 37x12.5x16.5 now I haven't done anything to the suspension yet cause with the plow I know it will way it down and saw if I had v10 springs or maybe coil spacers I plan to cut up the fenders abit any way to get rid of the rust on them on the front end and rear end but then I'll need a lift all the way around to clear the tires at the same time don't want it lifted up to high put strain on the axels from the plow/tire setup so any suggestions I don't care about ride comfort btw just need to keep the fenders off the wheels would be appreciated I plan on keeping this truck a long time so if I gotta spend a bit more it'll take me a while to get but if there is a cheaper but still good alternative that would be awesome thanks

Spark plug in cyl 5 snapped lol got it out btw

Pic before I got stared I drove her out from behind the shed

Distributer was held on with a zip tie screw was snapped

Rotor lol cyl 1 and 4 I believe were swaped on the plug wires mad for some nasty backfire runs great now don't even know how it drove around the yard before lol

New tires exhaust

Last edited by Emmelman1; 03-03-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 03-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Btw this is not just a lift question also about motor like what else I should change I forgot to mention earlier I also plan on getting a double timing chain before I do water pump and I also still need to buy the two main radiator hoses I believe mine is leaking I also plan on the kegger mod and throttle body mod in the near future just waiting on fund and for it to get warmer I do not have a garage to work out of just a tarp and it's like 20 degrees right now lol

Old 03-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

I should also say future plans before the plow is to cut out rust sand blast pull big dents and rhino line the whole truck and frame if I can or undercoating don't want the salt to eat it away to fast after I finish me and my dad are going for a baja truck look (gives us an excuse to chop her up a bit) and my buddy is going to reinforce the panels we do so they don't get "floppy"

Old 03-03-2016, 03:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Make it run good first, then do alll the maintenance it has been missing out on, especially for the trans. Running it as a plow truck is going to be hard on that poor ol' auto....

Welcome to DF!

Old 03-03-2016, 04:15 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

Welcome! Happy to see another one brought back to life

Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Thanks guys if I get everything done this weekend weather permitting I'll get a viedo so you all can hear and see it running I accidentally roasted em a bit coming off a stop sign on the way home she's old but strong

Old 03-05-2016, 02:33 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Made a good dent today got every thing but new hoses and thermo stat

When taking radiator my dad thought the transmission cooler was an old a/c line and cut the rubber part of lol but should be ready to rock by tomorrow

Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Emmelman1

Made a good dent today got every thing but new hoses and thermo stat

When taking radiator my dad thought the transmission cooler was an old a/c line and cut the rubber part of lol but should be ready to rock by tomorrow

Cleaned her up alot

Time for the throttle body and intake I broke a screw on the tb :/ and hose up front and question what is the sensor thing on the back of the fuel rail on the right side?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Looks a lot like the sensor for one.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Looks a lot like the sensor for one.
I don't all standerd gauges

Quick Reply: Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500