2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emmelman1
I'll look Around
Can't get ahold of leak down tester till tomorrow but say the rear gasket were to of Fallon in the block rather than stay in place and make the intake not level could it leak down in there? Or maybe I didn't tighten the bolts down far enough (torque wrench out of spec) or both I did get a one back fire pop whe revimg it up hard to warm it up for the coolant test? Sorry probably a lot of repeat questions iv been doing a lot of reading on it just getting burnt out lol my short attention span

Old 04-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

And say I do pull the intake for grins a giggles can I reuse the new bolt I got for the intake they are not one time use are they?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Jury is still out on whether the bolts should be replaced... The service manual doesn't say anything about it, at all.... Which makes me think they don't need to be.

Use a small mirror to have a look at the rear gasket, and see if it is still there.

Check your oil, what does it look like?

Old 04-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

We'll I think I deduced it as me not driving the truck around enough only 4 miles after rebuild. Back fire was from crossed plug wires I'm gonna order some Taylor wire set this weekend and new looms. I have a new throttle body, injectors, and I have my msd 6al box I need to install my question is on the 6al do I want to hook up the purple green wire to the dizzy or do I wanna just run the white wire from 6al to the stock wire? Reason being I have blaster ss coil. And how do I post videos would love to show you the progress iv made thanks again

Old 04-14-2016, 04:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Best bet is to host your videos elsewhere. YouTube is a good spot. Then, just put the link in your post, and the board should automagically parse it as a youtbue vid.

I would need to see the wiring diagrams for the MSD box to say with any amount of accuracy, how to hook it up.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:35 PM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Best bet is to host your videos elsewhere. YouTube is a good spot. Then, just put the link in your post, and the board should automagically parse it as a youtbue vid.

I would need to see the wiring diagrams for the MSD box to say with any amount of accuracy, how to hook it up.

This is for the 6a I have the 6al with rev limiter it has a purple and green wire at well

This is one I found but didn't say if it was for la or magnum

Old 04-14-2016, 06:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Unfortunately, that wiring diagram assumes the trigger in the dist hits once per cylinder. That is not the case. It is "On" for one crankshaft revolution, and "Off" for the next, and alternates. It's only purpose is to clue the PCM in as to where the crank is, in relation to the cam. It uses that information to decide which injector to fire next...... Hooking your MSD box up to the dist, would only give you a four cylinder engine.... (if that, maybe only two.)

Might wanna call 'em, let 'em know what ya got, and see what they suggest.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:38 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

The first pic from photo bucket was the correct diagram I decided to wing it and it worked need to hide the wires a bit better but throttle response was way up (I'm wondering if the stock coil was getting weak) it even just in general ram better haha

Old 04-15-2016, 04:42 AM
Emmelman1
Rookie

Now my question is it worth tring to fit some 10.??? Wires or just 8.5 the ignition wire is vms 10.2 (came with my box or coil I don't remember) and is the mopar performance distributer cap and coil a good one to go with I read a lot of posts but so far you haven't steered me wrong heyyou so sorry for bugging you

Old 04-15-2016, 09:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Mopar performance parts are generally a safe bet.

10mm wires is probably overkill, but, hey, I am a big fan of overkill.

When I put the MSD box on my Firebird, I noticed the same things you did. Smoother idle, revved faster, easier starts, etc. Pretty much of product of firing the plugs more often. Downside is, plugs don't last as long.

Quick Reply: Building up my 95 dodge ram 2500