2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transfer case output shaft seal, pinion seal, speed sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016 | 02:48 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

If you can get a left-hand bit, (turn the other way to cut) that might heat it up enough to get it to break loose once you have drilled into it a bit. Hardest part is, getting the bit centered on the bolt...... I am sure your FIL will have some suggestions for that as well.

Old 03-13-2016 | 04:40 PM
Mechanical_Tree
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you can get a left-hand bit, (turn the other way to cut) that might heat it up enough to get it to break loose once you have drilled into it a bit. Hardest part is, getting the bit centered on the bolt...... I am sure your FIL will have some suggestions for that as well.
On he has suggestions for everything, I can never get him off the phone lol. I already have left handed bits and a center punch 😀
I shall try that first. I'm not a big fan of them. Now the turbo sockets those things are awesome!!!

Old 03-13-2016 | 06:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yeah, they work great if there is anything left for them to get a hold of.

Quick Reply: Transfer case output shaft seal, pinion seal, speed sensor issue