2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 95 engine/tranny wiring harness interchange

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Looking at the pinouts for the bulkhead connector, it *appears* most circuits are in the same place, but, there are some wires in the 95 connector, that do not appear in the 94 connector.... As to what they do.... That is a good question. Unfortunately, I think you will have to see which circuits you are dealing with on the 95 harness, and check the referenced wiring diagram to see what they actually do.

As I said, Tedious.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 AM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you have wiring diagrams for both years, I think that's as good as it's going to get. The connector pin-outs should tell you everything you need to know to re-pin them..... I do believe there is a neat little tool to release the wires from the connector.... And, it isn't really difficult, just tedious.
Ok. I have both the pinouts for them, but are all the circuit numbers and what they do the same between both years?

And what if I stuck with the 94 auto harness? Would the PMC when flashed with the manual tranny not care about the circuits concerning the auto sensors and such?, would it just care about what it needs for the manual?

Old 04-27-2017, 11:17 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Can't flash the 94-95 PCM.... It will whine about the auto trans stuff that isn't there. Do you have the 95 manual trans PCM? I would check the pinouts on that, and see if they match up, barring the auto trans stuff, of course.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:15 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick responses, and man do I feel like some idiot.

I don't have to repin each connector, nor do I have to move more than just one wire. If you look at the diagrams between the 94 and 95, you'll see that the 94 pinouts are numbered left to right, and then left to right again. But on the 95 they are labeled left to right, and then right to left. I don't know why dodge would do this, but it makes for some great confusion.
94 95 engine/tranny wiring harness interchange-img_3766.png
94 95 engine/tranny wiring harness interchange-img_3758.jpg

There is one wire I need to move, and it is circuit c90 from the top connector on the 95 harness, to the new bottom connector on the 95. That is the only Wire I have to change. Other that that all I can see is that it is plug and play, just would like too see what y'all think.

I'll get more pictures of the new connector once I pin it in place on the 95 harness. Let me know what y'all think!

Old 04-28-2017, 09:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Try it, and see if it works.