2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can someone explain to me how to Replace my Motor Mounts???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 PM
GageD1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Those look different than what we have. I know mine matched the diagram you first posted. Just re-use the old ones! Simple = no headache.
I think I might end up going your route I'm gonna see if I can check and see by open the hood and looking to see if I can reuse them, because I am at work so I am not able to check right now were your original ones that matched the diagram metal like?

Old 02-22-2018, 08:17 PM
GageD1
Amateur
Exclamation

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Probably have to look from under the truck, and even then, I hope you have a flexible neck.
When I get off my shift Ill take a pic to verify with you guys to see if I'm looking at the right stuff. Hopefully I do lol

Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 PM
GageD1
Amateur

So just to show we're all on the same page here's what I was looking at...
Left Side
Zoomed in more
Motor mount??? Above it the shield?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:40 PM
GageD1
Amateur

Also I've tried posting a picture in my ablum in its still locked... lol

Old 02-22-2018, 10:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Well, I'm seeing some pics at least....... are you hosting those elsewhere?

No clue on why you can't post pics, we are still waiting for an admin response. (don't hold your breath......)

Yep, that's the motor mount below the heat shield. Two pieces, one bolts to the frame, (or, might be riveted) the other bolts to the engine block. If you pull them off the block, check the freeze plugs behind 'em. They LOVE to rust out.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:31 PM
GageD1
Amateur
Cool

No clue on why you can't post pics, we are still waiting for an admin response. (don't hold your breath......)

Yep, that's the motor mount below the heat shield. Two pieces, one bolts to the frame, (or, might be riveted) the other bolts to the engine block. If you pull them off the block, check the freeze plugs behind 'em. They LOVE to rust out.
Yea most of them I posted prior to that issue, but im choking over here lol! and sweet stuff right the there! so the "restriction pads are inside of those cylinders huh? and I will look in those freeze plugs too in the mean time!

Old 02-23-2018, 12:16 AM
GageD1
Amateur
Exclamation

A link to a freezer plug removal and installation example
Now what confuses me is I believe this goes along with your coolant system, so he had said once you replace them to do a coolant engine flush. Now so once I replace the motor mount and freezer plug, do I just flush the radiator and stuff with water then add coolant back to the system? Whats your thoughts??

Old 02-23-2018, 12:36 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by GageD1
A link to a freezer plug removal and installation example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3oiVy_CZus
Now what confuses me is I believe this goes along with your coolant system, so he had said once you replace them to do a coolant engine flush. Now so once I replace the motor mount and freezer plug, do I just flush the radiator and stuff with water then add coolant back to the system? Whats your thoughts??
What he means by "coolant engine flush" is run water through your engine or a cleaner through there to clean the coolant passages

Old 02-23-2018, 12:54 AM
GageD1
Amateur
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
What he means by "coolant engine flush" is run water through your engine or a cleaner through there to clean the coolant passages
So let's say I take the freezer caps off, will all of the coolant rush on out???

Old 02-23-2018, 08:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Yes, it will. Drain as much of the system as you can before you remove them, otherwise, you get a shower.

Quick Reply: Can someone explain to me how to Replace my Motor Mounts???