2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 dodge ram 1500 will crank but wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:47 AM
true blue
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

One last thought might be to disconnect your battery completely n short the battery terminals together, reconnect battery terms n try cranking again. Maybe the ECM took some kinda electrical hit during the sudden stop. At least resetting the ECM can rule that out...almost.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Wish1030
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

already reset the ecm and no luck on it.. replaced all the fuses and relays under the hood just to make sure.. when I try and turn it over it sounds really smooth.. no jumping or jerking.. yes I'm getting over 10 volts when I crank it.. the tranny is still in.. this will be the 5th time having to replace it.. its only because I have to take it back to the place cause its got a life time warrenty but the guys are just idiots.. I would take it somewhere else but cant afford it.. anyone heard of quick transmissions on the southwest side of Oklahoma city..yeah they are cheap for rebuild with a very nice warrenty .. but cant do the job right.. no the crankshaft sensior wasn't damaged or unplugged.. but I'm noticing that my starter was.. and that they put a whole different tranny housing in my truck.. the original tranny housing had the numbers 064-4 on it ... this one has 067-2 on the housing now...will that make a difference

Old 03-01-2018, 12:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

You need three things for the engine to run. Fuel, Air, and Spark. You need to determine which one is missing, and then go from there.

Since you aren't getting Fuel OR Spark, you need to see if you are getting 5 volts to cam and crank sensors.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Wish1030
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i appreicate everyone that helped me on this.. i have figured out the problem.. when the transmission im assuming locked up in grabbed my starter and took half of it with it.. so right above where the transmission goes into the back of my motor there is a hole the size of my fist and a piece of my im guessing my transmission sticking out of it.so i just lost my truck..

Quick Reply: 94 dodge ram 1500 will crank but wont start