2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1st time builder

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 01:34 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by I WILL RULE YOU!
Well didn't get much done to the Dodge. Did get the brakes done on the Avalanche and decided to check the ujoints on it and ended up replaceing them. Started on the Ram and my impact froze up. Got to aggravated to continue so went in to watch the Dawgs play Auburn instead. I learned a while back to just walk away and not damage anything when I'm in that mood. So now I have to wait a couple of weeks. Going to go ahead and order the steering box though, while Blue top still has it in stock. Anyone have a suggestion on a pump. Mine is still good. Thinking of just cleaning it up and rebuilding it.
I try to rebuild OEM stuff as often as I can (not only do I learn USUALLY save some cash to). I have never replaced any pump on any second gens yet so I can't even begin to give you any information there, and I probably won't I'll just rebuild it lol

Old 11-12-2018, 03:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I just got one from the local parts store and installed it. Quick, painless, and easy.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:45 PM
I WILL RULE YOU!
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well tell y'all what happened the bad - came home from work yesterday to a van in my ditch , driver was ok , and took out my mail box. The good - it was an auto glass installer and not only did his boss give me a hundred fifty bucks, they are going to install a new windshield in ol yeller. Not a bad trade since it has had the infamous 2nd gen Ram crack in it for the last 12 years.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:49 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Well tell y'all what happened the bad - came home from work yesterday to a van in my ditch , driver was ok , and took out my mail box. The good - it was an auto glass installer and not only did his boss give me a hundred fifty bucks, they are going to install a new windshield in ol yeller. Not a bad trade since it has had the infamous 2nd gen Ram crack in it for the last 12 years.
I was I could find the Ram ceo in my ditch

Old 01-01-2019, 10:26 AM
I WILL RULE YOU!
Amateur

Ok haven't got to post in a while. Weather has totally sucked in Mobile AL for the last two months. Everytime I get a chance either the weather sucks or life happens. So I have got to do some research. I found a complete 8 L V10. It is a complete engine with wire harnesses. $800. Would it be worth going that route? Trying to decide on extra costs of rebuilding it, getting a new tranny, and other stuff. Any opinions out there? Well HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!!

Old 01-02-2019, 10:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ok haven't got to post in a while. Weather has totally sucked in Mobile AL for the last two months. Everytime I get a chance either the weather sucks or life happens. So I have got to do some research. I found a complete 8 L V10. It is a complete engine with wire harnesses. $800. Would it be worth going that route? Trying to decide on extra costs of rebuilding it, getting a new tranny, and other stuff. Any opinions out there? Well HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!!
What truck are you wanting to put it in, and what's in there now?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:29 PM
I WILL RULE YOU!
Amateur

The 99 Ram 1500 sport. It's rear wheel drive, regular cab with a 5.2 magnum. I'm still working on replace everything in the frontend and converting to rear disc brakes. Just haven't decided on what I am going to do as far as a motor yet. A 408 build is what I am leaning towards. But open to just about anything until I get thru with the brakes and suspension.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I think the 408 would be easier.... but, probably get about the same gas mileage. Dropping the V-10 in there would be a nice power boost, but, you would need the trans as well.

Quick Reply: 1st time builder