2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

IOD Fuse Blows

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 11:32 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by DerTruck
That seems very unlikely. The combination flasher has a ground connection but from what I can tell the grounds run through C7 and C3. If you disconnected all three connectors I have no idea where the ground would be coming from.
Didn't disconnect them but I did disconnect the connector they all run to (other then under hood lamp but you have to disconnect the main connector which means no power coming to it). I'm at a complete lose. Can't disconnect the 3 connectors without pulling the dash no way to press the release button

Old 04-06-2021, 09:02 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Well pulled the dash and found the two problems. The passenger side lights visor power wire rubbed through. Also the junction block had internal corrosion. For everything back together and everything works the way it should even the heated seats!

Old 04-07-2021, 09:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Yee Haa!

Old 04-07-2021, 09:44 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yee Haa!
I am excited as I like everything factory! So I pulled wires out of another dash harness (have to order striped wire and I'm impatient) and ran them with the factory wiring. Only two things bug me and I'll probably end up pulling the dash again is, I had to use different color wire on 3 wires and I don't have the factory connector to use by the bulkhead connector so I used one of my Deutsch Connectors and they really bothers me .While I was in there I reran my wires for the 4th gen mirrors, added two more Deutsch Connectors (one by the door so if I ever have to pull the door off and one by the bulkhead connector). I should have pulled the passenger visor in the beginning but I thought "No way that's the problem" live and learn .
Now I just have to paint the truck, figure if I want to do a shackle flip (to get some rake back), replace the kicker (JUNK!!!) rear speakers, adjust the doors so they actually seal, charge the AC, and fix the rear door cables.

The only thing that worried me pulling the dash was having to get the remote start reprogrammed but I downloaded the manual and did it myself. Anybody who has a Computer remote start everything will work but to program the remote start, you have to program the Tach Signal. To do that start the truck, hold the brake and press the remote start for 3 seconds. If you did it right the truck will flash the park lights once and honk once
​​​​​​

Quick Reply: IOD Fuse Blows