2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Non running to now running, backfire issue with a previous Water/Methanol installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 03:48 PM
Completespaz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-05-2021, 03:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Completespaz
I'll pass that info on. I actually put the truck up for sale due to having a medical issue that put me behind on some things. I no longer can afford to put money into working on it sadly. Another possibility that was being tossed around was a possible boost leak somewhere as it seems to remain in vac even with a load. If anyone is in or around WA state and interested in the truck or parts from it, it is where I have it listed.
If you were closer......

Old 11-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Completespaz

LOL Over here all I have been getting are no call no shows, people trying to diag and tell me whats wrong before even seeing it to convince me to cut the price in half and people trying to trade me for **** boxes with their own issues. West coast is weird when selling rigs.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

LOL Over here all I have been getting are no call no shows, people trying to diag and tell me whats wrong before even seeing it to convince me to cut the price in half and people trying to trade me for **** boxes with their own issues. West coast is weird when selling rigs.
Same thing here..... Even with a price agreed on over the phone, they still try and talk doo doo, and get you to come down more. Had a guy agree to buy a tractor I was selling for 900 bucks, I was asking 1000.... I agreed to the 900. He got here, looked it over, told me the most he would pay is 500. I told him "No", and started walking back toward the house. He tried a couple more times, and I just flat out told him: "You agreed to 900, you either pay the 900, and take the tractor, or drive away empty handed." It was a nice tractor, (though old) with some hard to find (expensive...) implements... He paid the 900, and left.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:53 PM
Completespaz

Nice. Yeah had a guy tell me the engine was toast due to the supercharger being installed and wanted me to bring the price down to $1.5k LMAO I laughed at him and didn't respond any further. The truck has some goodies on it also. I figured $3500 was reasonable.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:47 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Nice. Yeah had a guy tell me the engine was toast due to the supercharger being installed and wanted me to bring the price down to $1.5k LMAO I laughed at him and didn't respond any further. The truck has some goodies on it also. I figured $3500 was reasonable.
I am interested would just have to justify the cost of going to the west coast lol

Old 11-05-2021, 10:06 PM
Completespaz

Guess that depends on how badly you want it LOL. From what I saw, it seems rare for this particular supercharger to be up for grabs.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:07 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Guess that depends on how badly you want it LOL. From what I saw, it seems rare for this particular supercharger to be up for grabs.
Oh it is lol private message me a number or email I can get a hold of you

Old 11-06-2021, 04:56 AM
corsair231

The bypass valve should be easy enough to trouble shoot. First make sure there is nothing binding the lever and linkage that is preventing the valve from moving freely. Once you are sure the mechanical parts are not binding, the valve should be in its normal state of rest. Unhook the connector at the top of the valve and move the lever up and down and you should be able to tell if there is movement of air in and out of that port. On the stroke where air comes out block the port and you should feel resistance. Block it going the other way and it should hold vacuum. That will let you know if the diaphragm is good and the valve should be working properly. If you've got it plumbed correctly that is. If you have a leak that is bad enough that the truck won't boost, I suspect the plenum gasket. When mine blew it was pulling so much air internally that I could completely block off all air coming through the actual throttle body and my idle would not change where it should have shut my truck down.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:09 AM
Completespaz

I know how to test the bypass valve ... testing it now does nothing for me if I have no funds to replace it if it is faulty. Doing anything else with the truck now does nothing for me if I am selling it as is.... I am confused with your reply. ??????

Quick Reply: Non running to now running, backfire issue with a previous Water/Methanol installed