2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 05:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

From what I can see, they don't even have the mold yet..... and projected ship date is in august this year...... I think I would wait until they actually HAVE some before spending the money. I am also curious what years they will fit.... as the dash changed some in 98.

The following users liked this post:
ramtpark (03-01-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 06:11 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Sitting there in your sandals, while I am looking at 8 inches of snow outside my window????? Hhhhmmmm........ Is it banhammer time? (just kidding.)

I am surprised that someone is actually making new lower for the 2nd gen dash.... Granted, there IS a market.... My upper dash is cracked pretty good, but, it isn't annoying enough yet for me to spend the money to replace it.

As for the cost..... It's your truck, if it's worth it to YOU, nothing else matters. I just got the estimate for my van to be repaired. blown headgaskets, on a 197,000 mile motor.... 4500 bucks, for a van I paid 1600 for. That's not gonna happen....... Looking for a replacement vehicle for the wife now.....
Not surprising to me at all that someone starts remaking these lower dashes. With the price of new trucks these days and so many folks restoring older vehicles after retirement, etc., this phenomenon doesn't surprise me one bit. In addition to working on 2nd gen trucks, I also work on vintage (late '60 - early '70s Mopar) muscle cars. They are remaking pretty much every part for my '69 Dodge Charger, so not surprising to see more 2nd gen truck parts being made now. Just takes time for the market to ramp up and catch up, especially with today's available manufacturing technology...

Old 02-28-2023, 07:08 PM
Sirriggs
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Hopefully they do since I have seen a lot of them still on the road around here. I'm sure they will stay busy once things get going. Will take the steam out of those high cost used on eBay. I paid $700 for a used one myself.

Old 03-01-2023, 07:39 AM
ramtpark
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info and updates everyone. I replaced the upper dash and bezel several years ago and look forward to the lower dash becoming available. There must be tens of thousands of trucks waiting for this part to become available. The Dodge brothers are rolling in their graves knowing what Chrysler did to their truck and good name. This old girl is my weekend vehicle to haul boats, etc. so still does not have 100,000 miles on it. I have asked DRT Parts to keep me in the loop on production and availability. Will post when/if I hear more.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:35 AM
12 Volt Man
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I called and talked with Ben at the company. I was told they are in the final phases of finishing the mold. After the mold is completed, they are going to do a test fit and when happy start production. I did find a video that showed some of the progress somewhere on the net. I just didn't grab the URL.
Anyhow, I have already made my preorder.

Keith_L (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 04:47 PM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 12 Volt Man
I called and talked with Ben at the company. I was told they are in the final phases of finishing the mold. After the mold is completed, they are going to do a test fit and when happy start production. I did find a video that showed some of the progress somewhere on the net. I just didn't grab the URL.
Anyhow, I have already made my preorder.
Thank you from all 2nd Gen owners for being a guinea......er, I mean, early adopter! Please update!!!

AtomicDog (03-01-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 06:35 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

the dash changed some in 98.
I check out the link and it looks like the dash they are making is all plastic. The older dashes had a metal structure and the plastic dash parts where put on it. Wonder what they are making for the older dashes?

Old 04-22-2023, 04:47 PM
fbanm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum dash replacement

LRB Speed makes a complete CNC cut aluminum replacement dash. 1500 is what I paid but never have to worry about dash cracking again.

EDIT: If you want to advertise here, become a vendor.

Last edited by HeyYou; 04-22-2023 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:12 PM
12 Volt Man
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a nice option as well.

Old 04-27-2023, 08:07 PM
J D GA
Rookie
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Wussat?

EDIT: If you want to advertise here, become a vendor.
First time I've seen that. Was the post considered an ad? Heck, we all name products & prices here so what's up with this one?

12v, a few months ago you said "I will be reinstalling the old ugly dash until my new lower gets here." Has it arrived? Installed? Pics?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by J D GA; 04-27-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Dash help