2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

It got me

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:46 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It got me

Black97's lift kit thread got me itching even worse....So I sold my sub(gona miss that beast) and I am gona get a lift. http://www.marketworks.com/storefron...110&i=25473996

I know its obviosly not the best but I dont plan on doing any hardcore offroading, sure I'll do some trail's and mud but not crazy rockcrawling. So would that kit be ok? I have seen ppl suggest topgun so I figured it should be ok. Since im at it would anyone suggest steering stablizers, rear shocks...etc? Thanx for any help guys!!

Old 03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
eslock
Default RE: It got me

ive got skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks that i bought off www.autoanything.com i like them alot they work good and seem to be a well made product. also auto anything has a ton of free shipping and usually the cheapest prices i can find. these shocks seem to be very competetive while still not killing your wallet.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Chopper1
All Star

I wouldn't spend the extra money for a steering stabilizer with a small lift. Unless you just want to or will put boggers or other ill handling fat tire on it. I'm still running the factory stabilizer.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:42 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard some people that like Top Gunz but personally I'd spend the extra and go for the Skyjaceker. Maybe a 5" kit also. I wish I had the 5" kit instead of the 3" at times. At other times I wish I had a stock truck with no loud exhaust. I guess I'm getting old but when I have friends in there I don't like everyone having to climp up and then having to talk over the exhaust.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Kinda hard to tell somebody to go from a kit less then $200 to a top of the line 5" kit that costs almost $1000.

I would go with the TGC lift. If you want it mainly for looks, and a little trail riding that seems to be the way to go. If I get a suspension lift I'm probably gonna get a cheap one...I don't really need a high end Skyjacker for anything (It would be very nice though). I don't jump my truck, or fly down rough trails for that matter, or even go through any steep inclines where a good amount of flex will come in handy.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:49 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I switched insurance today and its 60 bux less a month!!!!!!! More money for the truck now. My 3rd gen emblems are in the mail, tires and wheels next thursday and I will order the lift tom. prolly!!! Yes pics will be posted as soon as possible.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Black97Sport
Professional

Habeba86....go for the lift man! You will love it, and like you said, I got the top gun kit because the price....Im not a hard core off road guy at all, no rocks, etc...once in a while ill fool around here but not often, I wanted the look of the "big" truck...but I dont havve the time nor $$ for a 5 inch at all. Im glad I got the 3, i coudlnt be happier at all...I also got the steering stabilizer which Im in the process of calling top gun and trading that back in on a set of rear shocks since I really dont need the stabilazer

Old 03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Got my emblems..I'm heading out to put them on now!!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

about that lift- i was lookin at that for a while because it was such a great price..... but when you price it, you can get aals and coil spacers seperate, and choose which shocks you want (as opposed to the ones that come with that kit) and the price is about the same, and the aals are better than the blocks in that kit.

so consider piecing together your own kit, its not hard if your only goin 3 inches; thats what im doin.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

i have the 3 inch from topguncustoms.. but i want to go alilttle bigger.. maybe a 5 inch.. but instead of going out and getting a 5 inch im thinking of getting a 2 inch body lift.. save myself 800 dollars and still have that extra hieght i want and probally will need to fit 35's without rubbing