2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006 | 03:12 PM
hawkeyedodge
|
Professional
Default SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Just got the notification that my Fastman has been shipped!!!

I cant wait to get it and get it on my truck!!!!

Old 10-03-2006 | 03:22 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Default RE: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Congrats! Don't forget to reset yur PCM after install, and don't necessarily expect immediate results. It can take up to 200 miles of driving before your PCM will fully adjust (as much as it can at least) to the new TB. Some poeple say it is immediatly noticable, others are dissapointed a first, but later say that they notice things getting better and better as a little time has passed. Mine took some time, but after that, the change was very noticable.

Old 10-03-2006 | 07:54 PM
jram99
Veteran

I just put mine on Sunday morning. 52mm on a 5.9. People on here weren't lying. I reset the pcm, but the difference was noticable as soon as I started the truck. Driving around trying to get some miles on it was awesome. Felt like a brand new engine! Throttle response hasn't been that good since I bought the truck back in 98. So far, the best performance mod I've done.

Old 10-03-2006 | 08:30 PM
hawkeyedodge
|
Professional

Hopefully Itll be here tomorrow. Im only about 4 hours away from St. Paul (little canada), So that will be nice to have something to do this weekend since its going to be too **** hot to go sit in my tree stand and deer hunt.

Old 10-03-2006 | 08:48 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: jram99
..... People on here weren't lying. I reset the pcm, but the difference was noticable as soon as I started the truck.
I didn't mean to imply that people were lying about how quickly they noticed results, if that's what you thought. What I was meaning is just that some noticed results immediatly, while others have said it took some driving. It just depends on the truck I guess.

Old 10-04-2006 | 11:37 AM
jram99
Veteran

Siver_Dodge, it was just an expression. My intention was that I didn't know about the fastman until I started reading this forum. I never had much faith in larger TB's but after reading so many post on this, just couldn't resist trying it out. I did do the reset, but I could tell right away there was a major difference over stock TB. The expression is just one I grew up using when hanging with my friends. Hope no offense was taken by anyone. I've owned dodge trucks since I was in highschool 30 years ago, but I've never learned as much about them as I have on this forum. My next project is the manifold mod and plenum fix, which I also found out about on this forum. Just re-did my exterior and interior on my current truck which I've had for almost 7 years now. I'm now getting to the engine/drive train and even though I don't post much, follow this forum everyday to stay up to date! Thanks Guys. Jeff.

PS- ya'll weren't lying either when you said Dan was great to work with. Wish all aftermarket suppliers I've delt with had his pesonality.

Old 10-04-2006 | 01:00 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: jram99

.....PS- ya'll weren't lying either when you said Dan was great to work with. Wish all aftermarket suppliers I've delt with had his pesonality.
You ain't lying!

Old 10-04-2006 | 01:28 PM
hawkeyedodge
|
Professional

UGGGGGGGGGG.. I cant take this waiting any more [&:]

Old 10-04-2006 | 02:12 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

you will love it... it was one of the best mods I did to my truck (1.7's, 52mm, r/t heads)...

Old 10-04-2006 | 02:34 PM
ripto
Captain

how much was the final price shipped of your TB from fastman? And are there any other companies that make good TBs? Only ones I see around here at fastman's.