4.7L Cam Swap Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenicX
It will probably be you lol
Lol, I hope someone beats me to it. For my next project I'm either going with an 07 Dakota 392 Hemi Transplant or an 08+ Dakota. I think an 08 with 224X cam and Whipple blower would be sick. I know the Kenne Bell blower wouldn't be any problem. The Whipple would take some custom machining to get the pullies to line up. Still, I need aother project truck, lol.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
MustangMabry
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown287
I've got to start logging in more often, lol. Five PMs on cams and here is the thread I created with the cam information.

Of all the cams I tested, HO, 206, 224 and the 224X, the 206 and 224X landed me the best results.
Who sales custom cams for a 4.7 I've looked and googled but haven't come up with anything.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangMabry
Who sales custom cams for a 4.7 I've looked and googled but haven't come up with anything.
airram.com will occasionally have OEM HO cams in stock, but other than that no cams exist for us. What Blown is referring to, are different grinds. You can send a set of OEM HO cams to a place who will grind them to a different shape. Some place was working on a billet cam a while ago, got bought out, and the new company started working on them again supposedly. I don't recall the name of either company though.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:56 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

airram.com will occasionally have OEM HO cams in stock, but other than that no cams exist for us. What Blown is referring to, are different grinds. You can send a set of OEM cams to a place who will grind them to a different shape. Some place was working on a billet cam a while ago, got bought out, and the new company started working on them again supposedly. I don't recall the name of either company though.
it used to be called krc performance, was bought out by watson performance. the owner who was only 21 just passed away in a car crash a few weeks back. So the future of the company is up in the air.

http://www.********.com/f26/sad-news-mopar-world-12265/

**= ram_forum (no underscore)

Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by MustangMabry
The cheapest way to go is to buy a set of HO cams from Crane Cams and pay for a custom regrind.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
MustangMabry
Rookie

The cheapest way to go is to buy a set of HO cams from Crane Cams and pay for a custom regrind.
Crane makes HO cams or do they get them from mopar then reprint them?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Give them a call and see. Last set I called about they had the HO cores on the shelf. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Workaholic

airram.com will occasionally have OEM HO cams in stock, but other than that no cams exist for us. What Blown is referring to, are different grinds. You can send a set of OEM cams to a place who will grind them to a different shape. Some place was working on a billet cam a while ago, got bought out, and the new company started working on them again supposedly. I don't recall the name of either company though.
The trick is that all these grinds are based off the HO cams and not the factory NON HO cams. from what i've been told by a local cam grinding shop, they cant really do much with the NON HO cams.....

Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Workaholic

Give them a call and see. Last set I called about they had the HO cores on the shelf. Good luck.
looks like i'll be making a phone call tomorrow....crossing my fingers the whole time

Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Workaholic
The trick is that all these grinds are based off the HO cams and not the factory NON HO cams. from what i've been told by a local cam grinding shop, they cant really do much with the NON HO cams.....
doh, that's what I meant. the OEM HO cams can be regound for sure, non-HOs not so much. edited and fixed

What kind of grind are you looking for? There are a couple forsale on other forums.. I think a 212 and another guy with like a 219 or something.

Quick Reply: 4.7L Cam Swap Information