3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Tire Disposal Fee!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Brian9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Disposal Fee!

I ordered some new wheels to put on the truck. So I went to purchase some new tires for the wheels at Goodyear tires since they had a sale, it shocked me they actually had a lower price then the online retailers I researched. Anyways long story short. They charged me $8.00 ($2.00 per tire) for Tire Disposal Fee. I was like ummm..... There will not be any tires on the wheels to dispose of since I just ordered them and they are new. The guy states that they have to charge that as part of the sale package on the tires.

Knowing how some of these guys at these places work I am not going to say anything until they put my tires on my new wheels when they arrive and then I will call and get them to credit me the $8 back. I did not want to argue with him before they handled any of my new toys or they would probably try to mess something up. lol its just a shame how shady some of these people are. The worst part is they get away with it most of the time. Oh well thats my rant for the day.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

i feel your pain. that's why i try to do as much as I possibly can myself. Some things we are stuck with though...like the mysterious "shop fee" that shows up sometimes...we have to pay for oil disposal fees, rags, tire disposals,etc.....thats how that advertised $19.99 oil change ends up costing $30 when it's all said and done.....

Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Brian9
Veteran

Yeah they are always up to a lot of nonsense at these places... extra fees for this for that. They were doing high pressure sales on mechanical work to a lady there in line talking all technical and making her feel like it had to be done or else it would not be safe to let her drive the car. I felt really bad for her.

Also he said when I get my wheels and bring the truck to have them put on that they would give me a free front end alignment check. My alignment on the truck is dead on, but what do you wanna bet they would be like oh yeah it needs this or that...

I have a good mind to just take my new wheels there and have them mount the tires on the wheel and balance them. Then throw em in the bed of the truck and take them home and take my old wheels off and put the new ones on myself so they do not go anywhere near my truck. lol

Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Brian9
Veteran

Yeah the more I think about it that is exactly what I am going to do. I dont even want to give them the opportunity to do something shady. Anyways, Eric thanks for your time answering my questions about wheel sizes in the PM's I sent you. I am excited about joining the Dakota Dub Club soon!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

i love it when the shops try to pull that crap i just look at them with a straight face and don't say anything lol, they eventually crack or i just say its bull crap lol

i love the free alignment check thing lol they aint gonna do anything just look at it if that

tire shops round here r required to throw out tires so then u get ppl like me and my buddys that go diggin in the tire pit for free tires my buddy got a perfect set of tires with 3/4 tread that just had a nail in em and the owner had entirely new tires put on, plus one of the friends that is with us works at the shop and lets us know when good ones come in lol

Old 07-11-2010, 11:58 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I sold my stock tires that came with my Ram when it was less than 1 month old. Carried them away in the back of my truck when I had the new tires installed.

On my bill it said - Tire Disposal Fee - $0: Customer retained tires.

I never even inquired about it beforehand, that's just how it was billed. So I'd say they are BS'ing you for a lousy $8!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Brian9
Veteran

It makes you wonder if they try to scam you on something that is cut and dry that should not be charged how much they scam people that take their cars to them and leave them to have work done, since they can basically say anything they want needs to be fixed even if it does not, and most people will believe them because they do not know any better.

If it was not for the low sale price they had and the 0% interest for 6 months financing I would have canceled the order already. $8 is not much but its the point they are charging for services they are not providing. I will get my $8 back though lol...

Quick Reply: Tire Disposal Fee!