3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Fire&Ice Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fire&Ice Pics

here you go...i decided to mount it flush with the bottom of the tailgate using 5 90degree brackets (i had to bend them a little more closer to 110degrees)....i also hardwired it into my trailor lights (easier than routing it up to taillights)....didnt take any pics durring install, sorry

also, some of these pics so you the LEER on the tailgate...i told you guys i removed the 700 in LEER700....you wanted to see it, nows a good time

mounted flush...so may fingerprints on tailgate/bumper/light covers[&:] it happens

mounted with 90degree brackets (doesnt hit when fold tailgate down) bedrug is peeled back just for you guys. also, now i cannot take off my tailgate because the wires hare hardwired...ill have to figure out a way to install a male and female clip terminal thing(forgot the name)

day pics

running lights

running lights w/reverse

night pics

running lights

running lights and brakes

running lights and reverse

i definately going to get the spiderlights to match the rear end...

Old 07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fire&Ice Pics

Looks awesome!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

thanks rich!

also, i decided to use rivets to mount the brackets to the ledbar and screw the other side of the bracket into the tailgate

Old 07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

If you didn't put anything on the screws when you put them in there I recommend taking them out and dabbing some silicone or outdoor grade loctite on them then put them back in. It will help prevent rust and corrosion from forming there.

I really think I want one of these bars, I was thinking about a Pacer F5 bar simply because Cabelas sells them and I have a gift cert there but theirs doesn't have the reverse light plus I'm doubtful of the quality. How much better does it light up the area behind you in reverse at night?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Looks Great NR I want one too... but I'd rather get me some other stuff before that :-P

Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they do make a 3 way connector for the plugs. it plugs into the trailer wiring harnes so you can then plug two or three after market assec. into that. any trailer place sells then like u-haul. its just a t fitting with female ends and the like an extension cord

Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Altair

How much better does it light up the area behind you in reverse at night?
after i had the covers on, my reverse lights did nothing for me with my tinted windows....now, its like before i put the covers on...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: superdak05

they do make a 3 way connector for the plugs. it plugs into the trailer wiring harnes so you can then plug two or three after market assec. into that. any trailer place sells then like u-haul. its just a t fitting with female ends and the like an extension cord
thats not exactly what im talkin about...im talkin about a plug like you would see in the engine...it clips together like that...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Could probably just go down to radio shack and find some molex connectors that are similar. Alternatively Napa probably has that stuff.

Quick Reply: Fire&Ice Pics