3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:04 PM
mikey111k
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

Id definetly be intrested in the 3/1 kit. i was planning on doing the leveling kit and a one inch block anyways so this would pretty much be perfect for me, it would probaly be real close to leveling the truck perfectly. And if you wanted to keep a little rake to the truck just put two inch blocks in the back.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Jaybird
Rookie

Hell ya i'd buy it. Keep us posted and good luck.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

id buy one also

Old 10-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCXRAIDER

if we did make a diff drop. it would end up costing more than 100, but would still be a budget kit by all means, and made of good quality, with a lifetime warranty, like all of our products, so ill put down one vote for a 3/1 kit
I haven't decided yet if I want to lift mine or go a different direction with it (previously lift wasn't in consideration as I'm not a fan of body lifts). Personally I like the idea of 5/3 or 3/3 but still compatible with a TM type spacer so people get a good amount of lift. Of course 3/1 could be very attractive as I imagine the cost would be lower than with a 5/3 solution. The most important issues for me personally would be quality (which a lifetime warranty is very reassuring in that department) and that it wouldn't cause cv bind.

As rotormunky mentioned also a front 3" could be a nice solution as well, if you were able to make the kit modular you could possibly sell different "levels" of it at different price points with no extra cost to you guys? (not sure entirely how that stuff works but for example: 3" front, or 3" front + 3" rear for more $$? I'm just throwing ideas out here ) I apologize if I came across somewhat harsh earlier, I'd definitely like to see you guys succeed here

Out of curiosity how do the current kits for the IFS chevy's work?

Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional

Any thoughts on the TRX4 Daks that sit a little higher already but still have the droopy nose?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:01 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

i just got done talking to the r and d dept. they said there main concern is the kit may require upeer control arms, it will most likely be offered in a front kit, and a complete system, including rear lift and shocks, as for our ifs chevy lift, take a look at thishttp://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_2-3.html that will give you an idea, it lifts it with rekeyed bars, we are looking into different methods because obviously our trucks do not have a torsion bar setup, anyways i really appriciate eveeryones responses, lets keep em coming, and you for your input altair, you seem pretty good at this, you are being very helpful in adressing concerns for the group.!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

it will probably just sit higher after the lift

Old 10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

I'm in! I say level it so the entry height is no longer a major problem. Will this work with the TRX-4? The TRX-4 05~07 factory build is a 1" lift over non TRX-4s. The 08s say all models are at the same height. I like the look and without a doubt the 4X4 Daks sit stupid low for anything other the occasional snow storm or very light off road use as in isn’t stock form. I say a chassis lift of three inches will be an easy sell for the entire Gen III line.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

RCXRAIDER dont forget the dakota-durango. com forum, dodge talk.com and bionicdodge.com

Old 10-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional

ORIGINAL: graythang

I'm in! I say level it so the entry height is no longer a major problem. Will this work with the TRX-4? The TRX-4 05~07 factory build is a 1" lift over non TRX-4s. The 08s say all models are at the same height. I like the look and without a doubt the 4X4 Daks sit stupid low for anything other the occasional snow storm or very light off road use as in isn’t stock form. I say a chassis lift of three inches will be an easy sell for the entire Gen III line.
want to know if this would work.. must know..

Quick Reply: Rough country lift!!!!!!!!