3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

hi everyone i would like to introduce myself my name is adam, i own an 07 raider v6 2wd, it's a dakota, anyways, i work for rough country suspension systems as a salesmen and i have talked my boss into starting devolpment for about a 3 inch kit on the 05-07/8, however it is on the backburner, i need some more support, so please, post up if you would be interested, so i can have physical proof these things will sell, i am in the same boat as everyone i love my truck and want aftermarket support!, so please ya'll if you think you would be intersted post it up let me know, ill get some work done! thanks, adam baker

Old 10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie
Default RE: Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

also, it will be priced at around 100 dollars and fit 2 and 4wd's ALSO it will not require strut disassembly like the trailmaster kit, i do apoligize for our lack of support in the past, the email given on the post i read ans@roughcountry is a generic email, its a house account anyone can respond to it was probably one of the guys up here who dont give a crap, any questions can be sent to abaker@roughcountry.com, thanks again,

Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Handy05
Rookie

Yes, i think alot of guys in here would like a supension lift me included

Old 10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

lets get some posts, i wanna get they're butts in gear on this one, give me some suggestions i can pitch to them bigger, smaller, trailmaster to hard to install, will it fit the durango, anything, im here to help you guys

Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few questions about this. Would it be 3" lift all around resulting in the truck keeping the raked look or would it be 3" in the rear and 5" in the front to level it out? Also how do you plan to keep the price that low and be able to lift the front 3" without causing severe axle bind on 4x4's? Some of the guys with the non-Trailmaster leveling kits (outside the strut) have expereinced this for a 2" lift already.

I don't mean for this to be taken as an attack or trying to put you down, I'm just voicing concerns that I believe many others would share, especially the axle bind issue

Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

well its not even fully developed yet, i understand your concern, with the cv binding issue, it will most likely be adressed with a diff. drop, much like on the ifs chevy's and yota's, as far as the rake of the truck and front vs. rear lifting, i dont really know, i need to know what YOU GUYS want, i would be fine with a 3 inch in front and a 1 inch in back, but we are not making this kit for me, they will be making it for the public, so i need to know what the public wants

Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
rotormunky

A 3/1 totally works for me to be honest. But if you did a 3/3 I'd prob just keep my 2" TM front spaces in to keep mine level.

In fact... I'd take just the 3" front and put the firestone helpersprings/bags which should result in somethig close to level.

I guess my point is that having something like this on the market introduces enough versatility, either used by itself or in conjuction with the other limited offerings that I'd almost certainly buy it. What's more, and I'm not looking to ruin if for anyone, but should it be of good quality, and not cause breakage issues (CVs, etc) I'm more than happy to pay more than $100 for it.

Which actually sort of makes me think of having the parts machined t drop my front diff myself and create similar spacers to the TM only in the 3-4" variety. Aluminum spacers wouldn't be that hard to get machines somewhere and def worth a couple hundred bucks to me.

Bottom line, poeple would buy this thing either as standalone solution or to use with other products. At least Iknow I'd jump at it.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Handy05
Rookie

i would like to have a 3 all the way around. Then i would just put a TM leveling kit on the front

Old 10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
babygotdak
Professional

I would be all over it. I would want to keep my truck if it could be lifted.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

if we did make a diff drop. it would end up costing more than 100, but would still be a budget kit by all means, and made of good quality, with a lifetime warranty, like all of our products, so ill put down one vote for a 3/1 kit

Quick Reply: Rough country lift!!!!!!!!