3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rough country lift!!!!!!!!

i have not yet had a look at this trx-4 to know, we would have to get our hands on one and our dodge dealer doesnt have one, so i wont have a 100 definite answer until we can get a hold of one

Old 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

The truck really really needs a 3 inch lift. I would buy one. 3 inches is perfect not too tall. I would like to fit 33 inch tires. I think your best bet is to make a full lift kit use blocks or add a leaf system for the rear. The front might need some sort of way to lower the diff to reduce the chance of axle bind. I sure hope my dream comes true and a lift kit finally comes out for these trucks.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
moosehunter
Professional

Real interested in that as well. How much $$$ r we looking at? Anyway count me in, What about a 3 in front and 2 in the rear? possible?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
SAVAGEINJIN

Hell yes, i will even buy the first one , was gonna do tm and block in back but if you do this then for sure 285 or 33 inch tires will fit. Also i think a little bit of a rake helps alot with the look of truck even with towing, i had about 500 pounds in the back of my truck today and it was sitting almost lvl so a little rake to make it sit lvl when you tow is good.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 PM
nowick
Professional

make a real system something with some real articulation. Also the ablity to know you will make it out of the woods. not just a boost to shove in large tires and call it done.itsstill stock and has a awful ride. new stuts, leafs brakelines, swaybar disconnects you knowthe works.the rake would also be nice so people who actually use the truck for towing and hauling wont look so damn stupid with the rear sagging when towing.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional

Is there a leveling kit that would work with the TRX4 at this point at all?

Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 AM
moosehunter
Professional

I have the TRX4 quad and have the trail Master level kits! everyone likes the look but sit little too high in the front when towing. Now need the 1 inch block or real lift kit

ORIGINAL: Damn Dirty Ape

Is there a leveling kit that would work with the TRX4 at this point at all?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

I would be intrested in a 5/3 lift that will hold up off road! I do NOT want a mall crawling kit, i crawl more then speed bumps! The 5 front and 3 rear would give me plenty of clerance to do what i do now with stock setup, but alow me to do MORE off road. But im thinking the problem that alot of the makers dont want to deal with is droping the Diff, and dealing with new control arms. I think the hold up is our front ends. I think with a lift kit for our trucks it is going to be at minium 1000 bucks, just because the diff is going to need to be lowered, the control arms and spindels are going to need to be re-done, and then droping the front cradel to get the lift. thats what i see holding up any type of kit for us.

Hell we cant even get front shocks.... Hell I put on a second set of stock shocks in the front and BLEW them the next day when i was on the trail. I think they ride better blown! im not replacing them again till there is something aftermarket to hold up!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

you are right about the cost of the kit on the 5/3 it would be very expensive to produce, for the current popularity of the dakota i dont see it happening, however a 3 inch i think is feasable, it will not be a mall crawling kit, but you do have to realize the IFS setup is not an offroad setup.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RCXRAIDER

you are right about the cost of the kit on the 5/3 it would be very expensive to produce, for the current popularity of the dakota i dont see it happening, however a 3 inch i think is feasable, it will not be a mall crawling kit, but you do have to realize the IFS setup is not an offroad setup.
That is not entirly true about the IFS not being an off road setup. Its just not the most optimual one (depending on what you do). There has been instance on trails were my brother in his jeep would lift his front axle going over hills making it harder to control, were my IFS allowed me to keep my steering tires on the ground going over the same climb. It all depends on what your doing with it. IFS is not wise for a rock crawler, were the stright axle is to plant thoses tires. Now on the flip side desert racing, IFS is the Best choice because they move indapendely and the srtight axle would just not give the same, but still not saying it doesnt work... because ive seen both work on both instances. And it depends how extreme your going. I want a lift to were i can do at minumal a 5-6 rated diffacult trail without having to worry about suspension and frame clerance. I dont do anything higher then that nor do i do anything past my skill or truck level. Most kits you see on todays full sizes arnt worth a damn on the trials. and i dont want that in a kit. I want it to be able to handle some flexing some moving some bumps without fear of joints snaping because they just arnt ment to be used "Off highway".

Also the 3 in lift is going to run into problems because of the way the front 4wd axles are on the daks. They will bind after 2.5in.

Quick Reply: Rough country lift!!!!!!!!