3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Mass Thread to complain about Bad Struts

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 AM
DDak06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time I seen this thread and I thank God for it...my 06 V6 does all of this...When I hit a tiny dip on the highway I feel like i'm in rough water on a boat, or if I go over speed bumps or train tracks the front end feels like it lifts off the ground ( I actually had my rearview mirror pop off because of this!) I got my truck at a Mazda dealership and the people there are awesome to deal with. I purchased the extended warranty for the truck (up until 115K miles; its got 60k now) I am taking the truck back for warranty work because when I turn the wheel either way to the fullest it makes a noise like a bad serpentine belt would. I'll mention the struts as well so I dont feel like I'm on a boat anymore. Thanks for this thread guys, and sorry about Chrystler being so unprofessional about THEIR warranty....

Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Anthony Grego
Professional

dont even get me started on front end issues, bought the dam thing with 36k on it and by 45k needed ***** done top and bottom both sides, replaced them with after market, the rubber flex joint on my front cv shafts, the ****ing boot keeps ripping and blowing grease everywhere, been replaces 6 times now in one year and i dont go offroad n jersey has paved roads everywhere, not to mention the squeakeing on turns n bumps from the front, **** im bout ready to pull apart my front end and solid axle swap this **** dana 30 front and put a 45 in the rear. which btw the pinion seal is leaking, bull****. had 250k on my old tahoe original rear end never leaked for anything

Old 12-25-2012, 02:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

I replaced all my front end stuff with Moog. Never had a problem after that. Even running a 2" leveling kit.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
vantage08
Amateur

I just got the Monroe rear springs. I went to take off my old ones when I realize that the upper outer nut on the driver side, the one that's actually behind the freaking frame!!..is completely stripped...

Quick Reply: Mass Thread to complain about Bad Struts