3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

?LED Running lighte litebars

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Blu_Dak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ?LED Running lights/litebars

IM installing LED lites because there are fairly lite you can get focused or flood stlye beams they consume very low voltage and have 200,000 burn time,My question is has
anybody install them on there Dakota truck for additional lighting at night?I want to mount them under the rocker pannal & have them angled down onto the side steps and fore ground Im mounting just 2 of them there 57" or just under 5',electricly Im thinking I'll tie them into the cargo lamp or I could go with the dome light.

If anyone would like to add some input on installing LED light bars or wireing this it would be great.

Thank's!

Blu_

Last edited by Blu_Dak; 03-09-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

I have not done this and would really like to see how it turns out. From the other post, i am glad your now condisering the cargo light!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:52 AM
dakolorado
Professional

Actually the dome light would be a great thing to tap into since I believe it meets all your criteria except when turning it on from the inside. So what if it they come on outside too, I think it will look nice.

What happened to the other thread?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

Originally Posted by dakolorado
Actually the dome light would be a great thing to tap into since I believe it meets all your criteria except when turning it on from the inside. So what if it they come on outside too, I think it will look nice.

What happened to the other thread?
I agree,I do like the prospects of the dome light & turning it on while looking for something dosen't bother me,I still have decided what Im going to tap into.

The thread.......let's just say it was misplaced.

Blu_

Old 03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you, what I would do is tap into the cargo lamp wires, that way when you unlock the truck, they light up, and also, if want to light up outside, just press the cargo lamp button, the cargo lamp does a nice job of doing that already, but having the addition of the underbody light bars, would help as well...

I'd prolly look into some LED 197s for your cargo lights, as this is what I have and they make a huge difference.

I've been toying around with the idea of LED strips in the bed because idk, it'd just look sweet...

Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

Frenchy,
Thank's for the link,ya know I didn't even concider changing out the cargo lamp,it'll last longer,brighter & simple change out can't go wrong,that will be the first part of the transformation.
Also your right about the key fob,pretty much everything lights up even the cargo lamp,the cago lamp is also on a 20 minute timer so I should hook it up and If I forget to turn it off oh well it'll turn off in a matter of mins.

I have a conection @ NAPA I don't if anybody's heard of them but there a discount auto parts store,anyway I get things for cost so the light bars I'm looking at are really cheap they come in 2 bars @ 57" long.I figure one bar on each side I think it'll be good for a Quad cab.

Blu_

Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

197s is this the PN#,I was checking out the link and saw as an example 194-158 dose this mean fits part numbers 158 through 194?
I didn't see an exact part number 197s.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Frenchy
Banned

yaaaa 194s...

my bad.

Quick Reply: ?LED Running lighte litebars