3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New Member W/ Photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 AM
o6dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member W/ Photos

Been to the forum quite a bit just getting around to registering. I run a collision repair shop so i kinda have an edge for cosmetic mods. Here are some photos of my pickup. 06 Dodge Dakota 47,000 miles. Trail master leveling kit in front. Blocks in rear. Over sized tires. Just shave Tailgate handle last week and smoothed and painted mirrors. Gonna have the wheels powdercoated this summer. Came with a chrome bumper and grille and swapped those out as well. Let me know what you think and what i should do next???
Lance T

Last edited by o6dakota; 03-02-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by o6dakota
I run a collision repair shop so i kinda have an edge for cosmetic mods.
I already dislike you That tailgate looks sick! Nice looking truck! I say find me a nice RT hood scoop with your hook ups. and we will talk more.

IF you are looking for performance... a tuner I think is your best bang for the buck... then of course an intake and exhaust.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
o6dakota

Thanks i would do performance but i have a v6 4wd. Unless you have any recommendations for that. I included a photo of how you shave the handle since u cant do a handle flip kit on these trucks. Also no one i know of makes a kit yet or if ever. I need to redo the bed liner on the gate. If anyone is curious it is u-pol raptor liner kit you can do our small beds with one kit for about 120 they come with a gun to spray with to. Im thinking the next thing im gonna do is shave the antenna get night runner lights and smoke fogs. Also saw some sweet blacked out lights. I will do those with auto grade clear though that spray can stuff doesn't hold up to well long term. Also wondering if anyone had some posts on a decent diy cold air intake.

http://s230.photobucket.com/home/fbird1985/index
also have some pics of some other tides i have had

Lance T

Old 02-14-2011, 12:55 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Truck looks good, it must be nice to be able to do your own bodywork. With the V6, you're pretty much SOL regarding performance mods. Welcome aboard.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Truck looks awesome. Welcome to DF and the G3 Dakota section.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the 3.7L Gen 3 club! Most of our members have the 4.7L, but a few of us, like myself rock the 3.7L Magnum of Fury.

I made my own intake, installed an E-fan. Those two mods did make an improvement on power and gas mileage.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:14 PM
o6dakota

You mind throwing a photo of you intake up?? Also what manufacturer did you use for the electric fan?? Looking forward to being a part of the community seems like everybody has a good bunch of info on our trucks. I did try the puck spacer on the top of the shock before i found this site had it on for less than a week thought my frontend was gonna shake apart. Anyone done a diy rear disc conversion on one of these??
Lance T

Old 02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

You mind throwing a photo of you intake up?? Also what manufacturer did you use for the electric fan?? Looking forward to being a part of the community seems like everybody has a good bunch of info on our trucks. I did try the puck spacer on the top of the shock before i found this site had it on for less than a week thought my frontend was gonna shake apart. Anyone done a diy rear disc conversion on one of these??
Lance T
HHR fan seems to fit our radiators the best with little modification and of course either spal unit or another to control the fan.

As far as the disc conversion, there is one out there but its pricey and I dont know of anyone who has done it yet!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:51 PM
o6dakota

No junkyard dogs?? My 98 dodge neon i had had drums and i converted the back with new rotors and pads and 2 rear knees from the yards for under 300 ( I have pic. of it on my photo bucket link i posted earlier). Do any of our trucks come with rear disc brakes??

Old 02-14-2011, 01:55 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

No junkyard dogs?? My 98 dodge neon i had had drums and i converted the back with new rotors and pads and 2 rear knees from the yards for under 300 ( I have pic. of it on my photo bucket link i posted earlier). Do any of our trucks come with rear disc brakes??
No all the daks come with the huge drums. I think a couple have looked into the Rams rear brakes, but there are issues with the back plates and such.

Quick Reply: New Member W/ Photos