3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

jmr lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakkkota
Why would you quit the SAS project??? for sure the JMR kit will be ALOT easyer to install but i was very exited to see your SAS.
He's doing both is what I gathered.

I like the fact that this kit swaps the brakes. There are some really nice brake upgrades out there for rams. I wonder if I might someday get some ram spindles machined to fit and some nice big brakes to show through my new rims

Old 01-15-2012, 06:07 PM
remme
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they give kits away ill take one

Old 01-15-2012, 06:41 PM
bruno426
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenicX
Its 2400 guys :P
2200 with the discount if there's any left
Where are you getting 2400? I am looking at the package deal so that i get longer shocks in the back and the skidplates. If I am gonna go for this, I might as well go all out so that you can see the full kit on another vehicle.

Then I also have to get spacers and Discs for the brakes.

Originally Posted by Dakkkota
Why would you quit the SAS project??? for sure the JMR kit will be ALOT easyer to install but i was very exited to see your SAS.
I have no intentions of stopping with the SAS job. I got annoyed trying to work out the last couple issues on the hemi swap, so I put the Dakota in the shop under a cover, and decided to wait till another time to work on it. (its been sitting there for a while) This might be the thing to convince me to go back to work on it. (I do miss the sound of that 440)

I have been blessed with good employment, and if I can get you guys on board and remove some of your fears, while the whole time helping to bring the dakota part of aftermarket into the spot light, then why not?

The kit is modular, in other words, lets say a year down the road, I finally have enough time to get all the SAS stuff put in its place (which wont be easily reversed), I can take the JMR kit off and sell it to one of you guys for a discounted price. Sure Im out some money, but again, if it helps the aftermarket realize that there were Dakotas made from 2005-2011, then I can take that hit.

Quick Reply: jmr lift