3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Possible class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 AM
theYFZman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible class action lawsuit

Hey all, well just got done fighting with dodge service again for the 3 rd time about the awful gas milage I am getting, and of course they told me I was nuts in so many words. here is my story quickly 06 day QC 4.7 Ho r/t with 6500 miles,on a good with a great tailwind foot offthe pedal I get between 10 to 12 mpg on the HIWAY and about 8 to 10 city with super unlead, dodge said it is running normal and that the rest of you are lying about your gas milage I kinda doubt it
So my wife being a lawyer is looking into a possible class action lawsuit against dodge for misrepresenting the gas milage figure on the window sticker, I contact a lemon law attorney they advise that it is really not a defect so it would not fall under the lemon law but I refuse to let this die and suck my money out of me
So I am looking towards you guys that are dissatisfied with the mpg and are getting WELL BELOW the advertised mpg to reply and hopefully if we can prove this and yell loud enough dodge will take there pieces of **** back and give us our money back so we can buy a real truck
thanks all

P.S sorry if I offened anybody who likes there truck

Old 10-19-2006, 02:16 AM
lil
Captain
Default RE: Possible class action lawsuit

I don't see that qualifing as a "class action" suit since it seems you are the one having this issue but not everyone, and the EPA estimated MPG has small print that pretty much covers the differances between your driving habits and everyone else that has a dodge dakota

Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 AM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

Sorry man no "calss action" on MPG mine almost gets exactly what the EPA suggests and I have a heavy foot. If you drive hard you will get less. I average about 14.6 and I beat it pretty good. I've said it before I am glad I have the regular 4.7. My last 70 mile trip it ran 19.4 to 21.2, so I am pleased with the MPG.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:09 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

mine also does good on gas, I get about 17 city and 23 hwy. nothing like my old chevy where I got 9mpg with a 350

Old 10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Flyhalf
Professional

Are you manually checking your mileage or are you relying on the computer? I don't think those things can be trusted.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

My computer's usually off, sometimes by a good 2 mpg...go with the manual calculations. I'm getting around 17 mpg with the regular 4.7, also better than my old GMC Canyon, which normally got 16 mpg (or worse, depending on what was wrong w/it at the time).

Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

YFZ that is crappy mpg,I seen people post about alot of problems but mpg hasn't really been one of them,I mean when gas around 3 bucks I sure wish I could pick up another 5 or 10 but I think most people are within a few miles of the epa estimate,have you changed rims and tires any other mods or hauling around 800lbs of bowling *****,I'm not offended by your question it does seem there may be a few members who seem compelled to, how should I say it,take every chance to beat a dead horse,I hope you get it figured out but class action I don't see it.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a suggestion...

Look at your computer when you fill up the next time. Make sure it shows you how many miles you have on that tank. It should read 300 miles for that tank. Drive around town and see what happens. You should just about hit the 300 mile mark, or at least 260 to 280 miles if you're not on the high way. I don't have the HO engine, but I do get decent mileage for the amount of power I have.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:33 PM
chabscott79

Your local dealer must be stupid if they think your mpg numbers and your truck running is normal. I would "make" them drive around town with a full tank of gas, get to about half a tank, refill, and calculate the mpg. If you're getting an average of 10-11 mpg SOMETHING must be wrong with your truck. I know mine, even when towing my camper, gets 11-12 mpg city and 13-14 mpg highway. I would pester your dealer to see things your way. I don't think a lawsuit will solve your problem in the short-term.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:36 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

BWT Dodge has nothing to do with the gas milage clam, if anything you would have to sue the government, it's there B.S. ratings.

Quick Reply: Possible class action lawsuit