3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Head Rest In The Rear Window's and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Chad05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Rest In The Rear Window's and Tires

I have a 2005 ClubCab and i have those head rest's in the rear window's i think it has been talked about here before, i am wondering how to take those out cause it will be easier to tint those sliding rear window's without them there, and i have another deal i recently discovered a nail in my driver rear and well i changed that tire with my spare luckly it was'nta stupid donut lol and when i took it in to swap tires this kid noticed another nail in my passenger rear, i was kinda mad but i have been paying attention and i know that i needed to change my rear's soon, this nail must have been in there for a while cause it's wore down haha, i have priced my size and well, wow expensive, i am wondering if any of youhave a couple of tires or if anything i will just buy one for now, i have the GoodYear Eagle's LS 255/65 R16, so if anyone can help a brotha out, i would appreciatethe help.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Head Rest In The Rear Window's and Tires

First you have to remove the rear wall, there are two bolts holding the headrest to the back wall, remove the two bolts and the headrest slides straight down.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 AM
Chad05
Professional

The back wall is snap in right where do i start with taking that wall down so i could get a head's up, and thankyou frenchy for helping me out long time no talk to you all on here lol.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be perfectly honest, I just started pulling, top down.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:03 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

one note...if you ever intend to have people back sitting back there, i'd leave them...for safety reasons and so you don't get sued for removing a safety device.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Chad05
Professional

Thank's for the head's up yeah i will put them back on after i get my window's done, AND DOES ANYBODY HAVE THOSE TIRE'S THAT I AM LOOKING FOR anyone,anyone

Old 03-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Flyhalf
Professional

His rear window is probably a 1 piece like mine. Absolutely have to take the head rests down. Like someone else said. Pull the top of the plastic wall outward and remove the bolts holding the headrests in. They will slide out of the top. Don't need to remove the entire back piece of plastic. Just pull far enough back to seethe bolts.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran

Well, I'll write a little about the tires. I too have the Eagle LS 255/65/16...I really hate them-Crappy in the snow and not really good in the rain either. Just not my cup o' tea. And, to top it off, they are a "wierd" size and not a ton of same-size other tires avail. General Grabber AT2 is one, Goodyear Fortura is another, and of course you can get another Eagle LS. I think I will change to the 275/75/16's instead..They are about the largest that will fit w/o a lift. And there is much greater choices in that size. I will have to go to the dealer to get the computer re-coded with the new size so the speedo is right. I just can't wait to get rid of these Eagles....

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Chad05
Professional

I have the Laramie Edition Dakotaand my rear window is the 3 piece sliding window and does anybody have any of those extra white clip's that hold on the back wall, i kinda broke a bunchlol.

Quick Reply: Head Rest In The Rear Window's and Tires